SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock: How many rounds after adding a new part for function check
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock: How many rounds after adding a new part for function check Login/Join 
posted
I bought a KagWerks extended/raised slide lock for my Glock 17. Im hoping this will solve the issue of riding the release.

My question is how many rounds do you usually fire to function check a new part? I was thinking 50 rounds cycled through several magazines.

This will be a carry gun so dependability is a must.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
50 rounds sounds like more than enough.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody remember back when one could go out and “test drive” a new pistol or modification without spending $200 on ordnance? We do. Those were fun times!

We trudge on.

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My experience with firearms is if they are going to exhibit a systemic problem they will USUALLY show it fairly quickly.

Now a durability issue is another story of course.

In your case I would think 50 rounds would be fine assuming the part doesn’t have a durability issue and honestly they only way to know that is if it breaks.

My two cents.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I agree with SgtGold!!!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'd say, for a slide stop, running one full load through each of your magazines with no failures to lock back, as well as no failures to release the slide when reloading, would be sufficient for a function test. There is no way to predict long term durability.

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post