SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P-320 My Thoughts on New to Me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P-320 My Thoughts on New to Me Login/Join 
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted
I just purchased a used P-320 from a member here on the Forum, sale/delivery went well, Thanks 10-7 Leo. Before I was able to take it home (Maryland and their stupid waiting period and paperwork to keep guns out of the hands of bad guys) I purchased a Apex Flat Trigger plus some extra magazines. I installed trigger and in the front yard (where I live it's fine) ran a few rounds. This is a very nice weapon can't say much about the Apex flat trigger as it kept biting my finger. I took it out and back to factory. This one hits right where I put it and is almost as nice as my side partner P-228. Did a few magazine single rounds with magazine reload plus some manual slide reloads, the weapon was flawless. Maybe someday after quite a few rounds I will carry this P-320. It was well worth the money spent. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! They sure are great shooters, aren't they. They seem to me to be very forgiving pistols, and that they are easy to shoot well for a given shooter. I have a compact, a full size RX, both with curved GGI PELT triggers and a X-5 with a straight PELT trigger.

I find it interesting that you are complaining about the trigger biting your finger as I have the same problem with my X-5. I thought it was the same issue that some were complaining about when the pistols were newly introduced, and mistakenly called it 'trigger slap'. The GGI trigger is better than the stock as it doesn't bite as much. I think I am going to swap out FCU's and try shooting it with a curved trigger to see if the problem goes away.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
It could be that I have shot for years with the Sig factory curved triggers that I'm placing my finger lower on the flat trigger hence I get a pinch as it were. Most likely my finger is sliding down the trigger during recoil where curved trigger doesn't allow that movement. While the Apex did lower the trigger pull, it's not enough to deal with the pinch. The factory trigger is pretty light much better then the Glocks I have shot over the years. Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Anchor,

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post