SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Silencerco Maxim. Anyone have one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Silencerco Maxim. Anyone have one? Login/Join 
posted
Got an add from an online gun shop suggesting that if I buy a Maxim I can get a free Octane 9, 45, or 45k. I’d like to get another pistol suppressor since the only one I currently have is off of my SMG and is quite cumbersome. Throwing in a Maxim for just a little more seems like a bargain so I was just wondering if anyone had one and what they thought of it.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t have one but it seems kinda gimmicky to me. Just get a regular suppressor that you can put on any pistol you want.
It seems kinda cool but I just don’t see the point in it

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Maxim wouldn’t be my first choice but the ad I got said buy a Maxim for $850 and get an Octane 45k for free. While I’m sure I’ll have to pay for two tax stamps that still seems to be a pretty decent deal even if the pistol is gimmicky.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a deal. I doubt if you'll go wrong with either one.

I'm looking into getting a can some day as my budget sees fit.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True, I didn't quite understand your question at first. That is a good deal and I'd go for it

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I picked up an Octane from dry-fly a year or so ago. Great can. That is a smokin' deal.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I'm going to break the status quo and recommend you distance yourself from the Maxim. Worst trigger of any pistol I have ever fired. Please check one out before you pull the trigger on such a purchase.

You may consider making the purchase just for the can, as Silencerco makes some quality stuff. But don't plan on thinking the pistol is a keeper.

And this comes from someone who runs Silencerco cans exclusively.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My buddy has a Maxim and loves it. I had no use for one, but found one for $827 at Gun Pro Deals and am going to tack on the free Octane. I just bought another .45 suppressor, but figured for that deal it was hard to go wrong.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife asked me what I wanted for Father’s Day. I couldn’t think of anything else so I told her the Maxim. I’ll provide a review for Memorial Day 2019.

posted Hide Post
Do not own one but had the chance to rent one at a local range. No thanks! Way too front heavy, trigger sucked, sights sucked. I would never spend the money. If they are making that much of a deal, I suspect they are not selling that well.

Posts: 1 | Location: PA | Registered: November 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Maxim came into the shop though it’s still in jail obviously. I did get to fondle it and the trigger is brutally stiff. Oh well for $850 I got a Maxim and Octane 45k. (Plus taxes).

I will say that it’s been a few years since I bought any NFA stuff so I wasn’t really sure what the procedure was. My local gun shop has a silencer shop kiosk and filling out the paperwork and getting fingerprints was an absolute snap. Kudos to silencershop for doing this.