SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 Sport Hammer Installation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Sport Hammer Installation Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
For those who are not aware, when using a P210 .22lr conversion with an adjustable rear sight you must have a "Sport Hammer" installed. A regular hammer will smack into the bottom of the rear sight blade. Refer to the picture below.

The hammer pack on the left has a standard hammer installed, the middle one has a Sport Hammer, and the right most hammer pack is for a P210 National Match.

While adjustable sight P210 .22lr conversions are somewhat available, the Sport Hammer is difficult to find. If you locate one, the challenge has just begun. Now you need to place it into your hammer pack.

Here is my hammer pack with the yet to be installed Sport Hammer on the lower right.

I found a nice animated video on EweToob which goes through the step by step process of P210 disassembly and reassembly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feDCsMafcLY&t=125s

My area of interest begins at the 44 second mark. At the 47 second mark the video shows removal of the hammer strut lock nut. Now the fun begins.

To proceed with the nut removal you will need a pair of very tiny and thin face open end wrenches. On my hammer pack the nut was rock solidly attached to the spring guide.

The spring guide must be held solidly while the lock nut is removed. Both the spring guide and lock nut have right hand threads.

I was told the lock nut and spring guide had 5mm heads and was able to find an eBay seller offering what I needed.

The wrenches arrived with today's mail. Following the above video and using the wrenches I was able to successfully install the Sport Hammer.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post