SIGforum
New HK P2000SK trigger super sharp

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9260008174

June 29, 2020, 10:33 PM
dcowboyscr
New HK P2000SK trigger super sharp
I just bought a new HK P2000SK 9mm V3 DA/SA today. Love the gun. Accurate, soft shooting, fits my hand perfectly. The only thing that’s really bothering me is the end of the trigger is super sharp. The side of the tip of my trigger finger is raw after a dry fire and a short range session.

Does anyone sell an aftermarket trigger with less of a curve or is there a fix for the trigger that’ll make it more comfortable?

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."
June 30, 2020, 09:14 AM
GaryBF
I have had uncomfortable triggers on several handguns. Get a small file and go to work. I use one or two layers of electrical tape to protect the trigger guard and other spots.
June 30, 2020, 10:51 AM
dcowboyscr
I’m thinking 1500 grit sandpaper to try to smooth down the tip of the trigger. What are your thoughts?

June 30, 2020, 11:12 AM
sns3guppy
I'd use 600 grit and finish with 1,500.

There's nothing sacred about the trigger, other than it's HK, which makes each part the price of gold. Shape it to your liking.

I carried a P2000SK in .40 for quite a while, on an ankle holster. I shot it a lot (love the LEM trigger). I never noticed it being sharp, but everyone's hand is different, and it could be that the design has changed a bit, too. I got mine when they first came out.

For little polymer parts like that, I usually use a jewelers file, then finish with abrasive paper. You can pick up a whole set of jewelers files from harbor freight for about five bucks, and they'll last a lifetime.
June 30, 2020, 11:27 AM
az4783054
I never experienced it with any of my P2000/P2000sk pistols (all LEM) but recall complaints on the HK forum. The recommendation there was to re-position the finger on the trigger which evidently I was already doing.

Have you tried a different back strap to see if that naturally remedies the situation?
June 30, 2020, 11:35 AM
pedropcola
P2000’s are great. Always seemed like the red headed step child which I never understood. Love mine. Todd Green special so trigger is LEM between normal and light.

I would try finger position move first before filing. I thought the trigger was plastic over steel and don’t know how thick the plastic is.
June 30, 2020, 01:49 PM
kaschi
My P30S and USP Compact triggers are both sharp. Squeezing the triggers in DA mode is where it's most noticeable and uncomfortable. SA isn't really too bad.... Don't get me wrong I love both pistols; my only complaint is the curved pointy trigger. It's kind of amazing that HK manufactures such great pistols and then equips them with triggers that a lot of shooters complain about.
June 30, 2020, 01:59 PM
dcowboyscr
Thanks all for the suggestions. I just went to the range with the P2000SK for the second time. I concentrated on my finger placement on the trigger and that seems to solve the problem. I wish HK made a trigger With less of a curve like CZ does with the CZ 85 trigger that Cajun Gun Works sells.

June 30, 2020, 02:39 PM
cslinger
I never experienced this. Could it just be some unfinished plastic flashing that you could polish down a bit?

Sorry, I forgot to toe the HK UBERPISTOL line. Something like that could NEVER HAPPEN during HK production and surely would have been noticed during the virgin blessing ceremony towards the end of manufacturer. Smile.

Hey I’m an HK fan boy but I am a self aware one. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
June 30, 2020, 02:54 PM
Muddflap
I had the same problem with my USP. Put a business card under the trigger, to protect the trigger guard, and use a small file on the end of the trigger. It doesn't take very much. All you have to do is take off the sharp edge.
June 30, 2020, 06:23 PM
dcowboyscr
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I never experienced this. Could it just be some unfinished plastic flashing that you could polish down a bit?

Sorry, I forgot to toe the HK UBERPISTOL line. Something like that could NEVER HAPPEN during HK production and surely would have been noticed during the virgin blessing ceremony towards the end of manufacturer. Smile.

Hey I’m an HK fan boy but I am a self aware one. Razz

Definitely wasn’t plastic flashing. The end of the trigger is like a small razor blade lol. I plan to smooth it out.

On a different note what can I do to reduce the double action trigger pull in particular. This thing is super heavy like 12 pounds.

June 30, 2020, 06:57 PM
az4783054
You can buy springs from a place called hkparts.net, but they're expensive. Better deal is buying direct from hk-usa web shop.

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefront/?site=hk
June 30, 2020, 07:41 PM
dcowboyscr
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
You can buy springs from a place called hkparts.net, but they're expensive. Better deal is buying direct from hk-usa web shop.

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefront/?site=hk

Thanks for the link I’ll check it out. I remember my HK’s triggers being heavy but this is the first one I’ve had in like 10 years. My CZ 75 Compact with Cajun Gun Works Pro Kit and new Walther Q4 Steel Frame triggers make my P2000SK trigger feel like I’m trying to move it on though concrete lol. I’ve been spoiled.

July 01, 2020, 12:01 AM
heisrizn
First thing to do is replace the mag lever with HK45c lever.

https://hkparts.net/product/ex...hk-pistols-p1669.htm

July 01, 2020, 12:25 AM
dcowboyscr
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
First thing to do is replace the mag lever with HK45c lever.

https://hkparts.net/product/ex...hk-pistols-p1669.htm

That’s a great idea!

July 01, 2020, 10:41 AM
az4783054
And there's an example of the pricing differences between hkparts.net and hk-usa web shop. The former charges $20.00 for the extended 45c magazine lever that you can buy direct from hk-usa web shop and others for about $7.00 or less.

The hkparts.net site is good for reference but spend your money wisely elsewhere.