SIGforum
I just purchased a new Zev OZ9

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9250080554

March 29, 2019, 05:27 PM
onpointgun
I just purchased a new Zev OZ9
I went a did it I purchased the most Glock like firearm I have ever had. I like it everything good about the Glock but the terrible grip angle fixed. It just came in but unfortunately I will not be able to take it out for a few week. I just had a pretty big hip surgery.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: onpointgun,

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.
March 29, 2019, 06:17 PM
.38supersig
Cool!

I came across a few Salient parts and put one together myself. You'll like the difference that the grip angle allows.

March 31, 2019, 07:57 PM
mike56
Don't bet your life on it. Or ZEV for that matter.
Bought a full custom ZEV. Single shot pistol.
Their customer service sucks. They want to blame ammo, dirt, limp wristing, etc.
And they are dicks while you are dealing with them

Lord, I hope yours works.

Mines sitting in a pile of the rest of their crap.

Big money down the drain, but a lesson learned.
March 31, 2019, 08:07 PM
SteadyHand
I hope you're incorrect, Mike56.

I am putting the last parts together for a full Zev G19 (Gen4 frame is the only remaining Glock part, save for the slide release).

Good lord I hope my Zev works. Otherwise, I'm never adulterating another Glock again.
April 01, 2019, 07:01 PM
BEAR45
Mike56 I have the same issue with ZEV, mine will shoot only about half the time (they built the gun), back at ZEV now for the third time and the same comments about the limp wristing and ect. If I ever get it back I will trade it for some thing worth half the price and consider this a lesson on who not to deal with.

April 01, 2019, 08:02 PM
mike56
BEAR45, Great, something to look forward to. They stopped allowing me to post on their facebook.

If it would fire more than one shot at a time, I'd take a loss on mine as well, just to be rid of it.

How long did it take them for yours?
April 02, 2019, 05:41 PM
Ryanp225
My guy who does high end work on CZ/Tanfoglio pistols and most of our local competition shooter's stuff didn't have many nice things to say about Zev either. He said he gets quite a few of them from people who want him to make them more reliable.
Caveat emptor.
April 02, 2019, 06:00 PM
SteadyHand
What a sinking feeling - I'm scheduled for a range session on the 14th, so I'll find out how my new full Zev is compared to my 6 bone-stock Glocks (that work perfectly).

I've only ever had one lemon of a gun, and it was a copy of a famous John Browning design...I sold it for pennies telling the truth about it's unreliableness to the new owner (I hope it worked out).

Glocks should come with a printed-on-frame warning to not muck with them. I really wish someone would come on here and say something like, "Oh, no, I know all about these Zev Tech Glocks and they run great!" -
April 02, 2019, 06:58 PM
.38supersig
Well, I can't really say "Oh, no, I know all about these Zev Tech Glocks and they run great!" as the slide and its internal parts are the only ones from ZEV. Haven't had any problems with mine. The only Glock parts I have in it is the magazine tube.

Hope it works out.

April 02, 2019, 07:51 PM
mike56
Been shooting/collecting for about 40 years.
Sent a Smith revolver back for a bad finish. Came back so bright you can see yourself.

Can't say that I ever had a really bad one. NEVER sent a stock glock back.

Can't wait to get the ZEV back just so I can rid myself of it.

They post that LEO are getting their guns. Lord I hope they don't bet their lives on them.

AND they're dicks as well.
April 02, 2019, 07:54 PM
onpointgun
I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I sent it to the range with my friend that owns the local gun shop. He reported back that he fired 100 rounds without issue he said it was a tack driver. I am excited to get a chance to take it out. I have never purchased a Glock because I am not a fan of the grip angle but this thing just checks all the right boxes for me.

Hopefully my hip recovery from the FAI surgery will allow me to the range in approx 3 weeks. I have been spending lots of money laying around on my back in the continuous motion machine.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.
April 03, 2019, 10:06 AM
Ryanp225
Do people really pay $1700 for a Glock?
I know it's not my money but if a friend was going to spend $100,000 for a Toyota Corolla just because some teenager put fancy wheels and spoilers on it I would have to advise them to re-think their purchase.
April 03, 2019, 12:43 PM
HRK
Tough crowd, the OP's gotta feel a little like Rodney Dangerfield, "getting no respect, I tell ya, no respect" Big Grin

Congrats on your Zev purchase.

April 03, 2019, 02:57 PM
timbermart
Good luck with it.
Let us know how it works out.
April 03, 2019, 03:20 PM
Spiff_P239
I like the looks of that gun, not as utilitarian as a stock Glock but not as gaudy as some of the “Gucci Glocks” you see out there. Hope she serves you well.
April 13, 2019, 07:45 PM
SteadyHand
Update:

Range session today at Elite Shooting Sports (northern VA, sort of near D.C. and the NRA HQ Range).

400 rounds in total (zero malfunctions of any kind). After 100 rounds I changed the action to the following:

Top end: (bear in mind, it's 100% Zev slide/internals) - changed to the stronger Zev striker spring

Bottom end: changed to stock trigger/trigger bar (Gen 4), OEM (-) connector, and OEM trigger spring.

Verdict: I like the trigger better than when it was bone stock new (although I cannot tell you precisely why - it merely seems a bit less spongy and thus more crisp). Groups significantly tightened up at 15 yards from when it was bone stock new.

Ps - this is all with the OEM stock barrel.

So what's changed: new Zev (Raven) slide and Zev internals, Zev mag release, Zev small mag well, and OEM minus connector in the trigger.

Didn't mean to hijack thread - hope the OP is similarly happy with the OZ9.