SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For a long time SA only pistol user, which is the best to move to: DAO, SA/DA, Striker?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For a long time SA only pistol user, which is the best to move to: DAO, SA/DA, Striker? Login/Join 
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't rate one over the other... however -kd consider a DA/SA pistol that could be carried cocked/locked.

HK USP, CZ series... 75 or 97 etc.

Striker fired is an excellent choice as well.

I never had a DA/SA issue per se mainly cause I had a lot of DA revolver experience.

Walther PPQ is awful sweet and easy to be good with.

There are so many wonderful striker fired handguns, I couldn't recommend one over the other... explore them all.

Recently a friend invited me to use his Walther PPQ's and PPS.
The PPS is the easiest compact to be accurate with that I have experience with.

The PPQ is fantastic and like the PPS, hard to be bad with one.

The PPQ 45, was a bit snappy for me, surprised, it's one of the "kickiest". 45's I've shot almost like a SW

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
When picking up the Noveske N4 karma from 12131 today at my LGS, I fondled a few pieces. The CZ75 again is a non starter with far too great a reach for my trigger finger. The Sig P320 Compact with a medium frame was also a no go but with a small grip frame... bingo! They had the 9mm priced at $459 if memory serves. No P320 in 45 with a small grip frame to try though. No Walther CCQ to fondle sadly since it has been said to mostly likely work for me. Or a CZ 75 D PCR Compact either which again folks have said should fit me.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If you get the chance to take a look at the Steyr M, you may find it suits you very well.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given your short trigger finger, I recommend you try a P320 with a small grip module.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wilson just came out with a hi-cap single action 9mm, I believe. And there’s always the hi-power

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I suspect that the CZ you tried was a DA/SA model. I wonder if the CZ 75 SAO would work for you. I expect that the trigger is further back while the hammer is cocked than the photo in this URL shows.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-7...mm-black-16-rd-mags/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8932 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I suspect that the CZ you tried was a DA/SA model. I wonder if the CZ 75 SAO would work for you. I expect that the trigger is further back while the hammer is cocked than the photo in this URL shows.

Yeah it was the DA/SA full sized model I handled again as I have several times since it was first introduced what seems like eons ago. I really like the design but it just has never fit. They didn't have other versions to fondle.

While appreciate the posts many of made I really wish they would have read the thread fully first.

I just commented that the P320 Compact with small grip frame works well for me and initially in the thread that I own a "chopped" HiPower. It, along with a full sized P35 I have, fit great but I wish they were lighter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post