SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG Service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Service Login/Join 
posted
I have a major problem with SIG service. I purchased my SIG 320RX in April 15 2017 using the NRA Instructors discount. When it was received on May 15th,the ROMEO 1 Sight was not operational,I contacted the SIG Customer service and was given a UPS label to return the sight for service. I shipped the sight to them with instructions to return it to my home address and waited, waited, and waited. On July 14th I called the customer service department. I was told that I would get a return phone call within 24 hours. after three days I called them again. This time the customer service agent said he would make certain that the sight was returned that day. Four days later I received a e-mail from the SIG ARMORER who said that SIG had shipped my sight to him. I was surprised, and asked him to ship the sight to me personally and I would pay the shipping charges. I called the customer service manager and asked why the sight was sent to the SIG ARMORER and not returned to me as the written instructions requested he could not give me an answer. I am awaiting my sight and today is July 20th.

Is SIG service this incompetent?

They sell pistols to instructors with the idea that if an instructor is happy with the pistol he/she would recommend the SIG pistol to the students. I cannot make this recommendation when service is so horrible and incompetent.

Posts: 6 | Location: SURPRISE, AZ | Registered: March 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAPTEOD:
I have a major problem with SIG service. I purchased my SIG 320RX in April 15 2017 using the NRA Instructors discount. When it was received on May 15th,the ROMEO 1 Sight was not operational,I contacted the SIG Customer service and was given a UPS label to return the sight for service. I shipped the sight to them with instructions to return it to my home address and waited, waited, and waited. On July 14th I called the customer service department. I was told that I would get a return phone call within 24 hours. after three days I called them again. This time the customer service agent said he would make certain that the sight was returned that day. Four days later I received a e-mail from the SIG ARMORER who said that SIG had shipped my sight to him. I was surprised, and asked him to ship the sight to me personally and I would pay the shipping charges. I called the customer service manager and asked why the sight was sent to the SIG ARMORER and not returned to me as the written instructions requested he could not give me an answer. I am awaiting my sight and today is July 20th.

They sell pistols to instructors with the idea that if an instructor is happy with the pistol he/she would recommend the SIG pistol to the students. I cannot make this recommendation when service is so horrible and incompetent.

First, when did SIG start using UPS? I thought they always use FedEx.

Second, the Sig Armorer is in Dallas, isn't it? How did your stuff that was supposed to be shipped to AZ end up in Dallas?

Just major weird, here.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
No, SIG CS usually isn't as bad as this. However it's with their 'own' branded purportedly in-house optics, which admittedly they're still relatively new at. Perhaps that's really the problem; the logistics of supporting their own optics is still a work-in-progress. I guess...therefore I could easily be wrong. :shrug:

Prior to this, a lot of 'their' optics and accessories were merely accessories designed and made by other companies, then badge-engineered with the SIG logo and packaging. And SIG really didn't offer full support for a lot of these "SIG" accessories.

Years ago I had a cheapish STL-900L light/laser that lost a few of its rubber control buttons over time. It said "SIG Sauer" on it but SIG NH didn't carry any parts for it, they could only replace the entire unit...but only if it was actually 'broken'. My unit still technically worked. I had to go back to the original OEM supplier iTAC to get the replacement parts, which as it turned out they were good and kind enough to send out for free. Their own iTAC version used different colored buttons, but they fit the SIG-branded unit just dandy and even stayed on the unit more securely(!).

As for using UPS; well it's an optic this time and not a firearm; perhaps that's the dividing line. I recall getting repaired bits and replacement parts from SIG NH via UPS in the distance past. And the MPX mags I bought direct last year I seem to remember were dropped off at the shop by the UPS guy; I kinda remember talking with him about various SIG pistolas after I signed his electronic scanner thingamajig.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
To the OP, My dealings with sig customer service have been nothing but extraordinary. One time they modified a replacement slide hand fitted it to my frame and included a free magazine all gratis. Your experience is unusual. I think soggy spinout is correct in that the optics are a new part of their business and your experience is from growing pains.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Had zero problems with their customer service.

Did once have a problem with their smiths, they sent the wrong barrel back with my gun, then lied about it, said they didn't even touch the barrel. I had to explain to customer service their Smith was lying. He asked me how I knew it wasn't my barrel. I explained to him, easy, this is a LCI barrel, look at my serial number, is my gun a LCI? He apologized and said they'd give me a brand new one. Unfortunately they could not just send me a barrel, they needed me to send the entire gun to them, in order to get the correct barrel.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seayall
posted Hide Post
My recent experience has been great. About three months ago I sent in a slide to get refinished. The slide had night sights. Anyway when it came back the old sights where in a little bag and a note was inside that said my sights looked a little dim so they replaced with new nights, no charge. I thought that was great service.

Posts: 681 | Location: Cape Coral, FL | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update on my problem, On Saturday after the match I returned home and found the package with the returned sight. I forgot my burned out condition, the temperature was 104F, went into the house and unpacked the sight, mounted it on my P320 and once again tried to get it to work. IT DID NOT WORK. I AM PISSED. I went to my local gunsmith and he could not get it to work. If this is the quality of service that SIG gives, I for one will not spend another dime on their products. The Romeo 1 sight is JUNK. their service is HORRIBLE and the possibility that I will buy another gun from SIG is REMOTE.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to get the sight to work, I would appreciate your assistance. I live in Surprise, AZ and will look forward to someone comeing forward with advice.

Posts: 6 | Location: SURPRISE, AZ | Registered: March 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Many here have seen my thread on my new P320 9mm Caliber X-Change Kit slide (purchased directly from Sig) that had two KABOOMS and blown extractors in the first 12 rounds I shot out of it back in early June.

Sig CS has had the slide and spent cases since June 12. Today is July 23 (five weeks later) and there is no evidence that they have done anything, although the CS rep has been taking my calls and keeps saying that the gunsmiths "are working on it."

I'm very frustrated. I don't expect two week turnaround, but this runaround is quickly lowering my opinion of what has generally been a very good customer service department.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by CAPTEOD:

First, when did SIG start using UPS? I thought they always use FedEx.

Second, the Sig Armorer is in Dallas, isn't it? How did your stuff that was supposed to be shipped to AZ end up in Dallas?

Just major weird, here.

I know there is a Sig armorer at the Sig Pro Shop/Academy in Epping. Not sure about one in Dallas. Alot of the quick repairs he takes care of there and I just pick it up when they call me. For more indepth repairs they also send it to Exeter. If that is the case the factory in Exeter sends it Fed-ex to my house when repairs are done with a complimentary e-mail indicating approx delivery date.

Never seen a UPS truck deliver my firearm back to me.. That must be new?

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) Bremerton WA.
Sig P938/238 Equinox
Sig P320C RX
Colt Mustang XSP FE

Posts: 50 | Location: Southeast NH | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a few romeo1's and all have worked great, I have been shooting them since Nov 2016.

I am about to insult your intelligence but please stick with me. First, make sure you installed the battery correctly (positive/negative). Second make sure you use a metal screwdriver to tighten the battery cap, not the provided plastic screwdriver. Third, hold down just one of the up or down arrow in the side until it turns on. Lastly, If that does not work go buy a new battery and repeat the above steps.

I have owned many Sigs and have felt with the CS a few times over the past 10 years and I have never had an issue. If you do not get the service you desire call back and talk to someone else. Sig wants to make it right.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post