SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on the S&W 4013 TSW or 4006 TSW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on the S&W 4013 TSW or 4006 TSW Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I no longer had a need for my G27 and never liked it so I sold it. Now I have tons of .40 ammo and no gun in .40 So I am looking for a cheap .40 shooter. I ran across these to guns on Summit Gun Broker both for under $400.
What are your thoughts on them??
http://summitgunbroker.com/4006-tsw-chp.html
http://summitgunbroker.com/4013-tsw.html

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
My 4006 TSW was a sweetie. Grips are too slick so I used a grip sleeve. The TSW had a pretty good trigger with a short reset. Somewhere between stock SIG, and SRT. Closer to the SRT. A bit Rube Goldberg with the detail strip. There is a lot going on with these compared to the simplicity of a SIG.

As a fun shooter, it is made to suck up the recoil of a .40. Alas, I got out of .40 when ammo was tough, consolidated to 9mm or I would probably still have it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you wear one out you've accomplished something. Mack truck of pistols.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The CHP 4006s are kind of neat. The rail is integral instead of screw on, they have a bobbed hammer, and I think they're decock only. Plus being a CHP contract gun adds a bit of novelty. The Military Arms Channel on YouTube recently did a video on them.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My understanding is S&W does not support them with parts, repair, service, etc any longer.

Bore axis is very high if that matters to you.

Likely has a magazine disconnect safety if that matters to you.

Otherwise - I am a fan. I often carry a S&W 3914 as a CHL pistol. Mainly because it is very reliable, decently concealable and I got it for about $375 - if it gets stolen I won't cry too bad. (unfortunately for work I have to leave it in my locked car sometimes)

ETA: one last nit-pick... when loaded to full capacity and the slide forward - the mags are pretty difficult to seat in the gun... really takes a concerted effort to get them to lock in. No big deal when you have the time... but under stress it could be a problem ie. thinking you locked in a mag but it falls out after not getting seated properly under pressure... YMMV.

But for $400 could be a fun gun - you would likely get years of use out of it.

--------------------------

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig209,

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have considered both. Probably would like the 4006 better as I am a range shooter mostly. I just really dislike 40, so it has not made the top of my list.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2734 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I've got a KCPD 4026 and it's the softest shooting .40 I've ever shot. The trigger is one of the best DA triggers I've used, very revolver like.

Posts: 4154 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Traded a 4013 TSW for some engine work. Runs great on anything I put in it. I like that it is one of them without a rail.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I have one of the CHP 4006 TSW's. All stainless steel, kinda heavy but a super soft shooter. My second 40 after my 226 that I bought to convert to 357 Sig. Trigger is not like a German Sig but, not bad. These are an excellent example of third gen S&W goodness.
Chris

Posts: 19 | Location: Central NC | Registered: January 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They run great and are good to go , you cannot go wrong .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
Both are great guns. I'd like to get a CHP 4006TSW but overtime at work has dried up Frown

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I bought the CHP 4006 TSW from Summit last week. They were great to deal with and selected the grip style I wanted and shipped quickly. The gun arrived in very good condition and I was very pleased with how it shot.

Then I was in a local gun store looking for some additional magazines when I spied a 5906 TSW in the case. It is in excellent condition, in fact looks like it has barely been shot. Being so impressed with the 4006, this one quickly followed me home as well.

If you can find any of these models in the sub $400 price range I think they are an excellent value.

Posts: 163 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bought the CHP 4006 TSW from Summit last week.

I think I should get one.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24060 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 3913 has never failed with any ammo. I consider it my most reliable gun. All the weapons being discussed are terrific. Buy with confidence.

"They keep telling me Jesus walked on water, well he should have surfed." -Ben Harper

Posts: 67 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: February 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
I bought the CHP 4006 TSW from Summit last week.

I think I should get one.

Do it. I got one today and it is basically unfired. It has zero barrel wear and the grip looks brand new. There is a small bit of holster wear on the top ( and I do mean a small amount) and I couldn't be happier. it goes well with my CA State Parks 4006.
I'll post pics in a few days.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
If you're on the fence about these, let me make this very clear...... DO IT.

We have now moved on to training the 8 Divisions and you'll start to see some "beat to hell" 4006TSW's from the field hit the market. There will be very few of the premium guns left out in the field. I'm almost certain you will start to see some complain that they received a worn 4006TSW. You've been warned.

I personally wouldn't purchase the 4013TSW without a thorough inspection.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big .40 S&W guy, but that 4006 had me reaching for my wallet. Of the .40 S&Ws I've shot the Third Gen Smiths and the P226s are my favorite, softest shooting and least malfunctions. I'd grab the 4006 as a general shooting Iron. Plus if you don't like it, you could probably flip it easily.

Posts: 4579 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post