SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone still carry or shoot a Walther PPK or PPK/S?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone still carry or shoot a Walther PPK or PPK/S? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I carried and still own the PPK/S for a backup when I was working the street. Not fun to shoot nor accurate but as a backup I would be close and personal so theres that. I also own a a pre 1968 PP with all original box, paperwork, and target that I purchased from another officers dad. It shows a little age but I wanted it, not needed it. The 380 is still a viable caliber for its intended use (backup) James Bond excluded. The Sig Sauer 365 kinda ended the the PPK as a backup.

Posts: 50 | Location: Bluffton, SC | Registered: March 29, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a stainless, I guess Interarms model along with a companion TPH in 22LR.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first time I fondled a PPK-S in the early nineties, I actually strained something in my finger when dry firing the pistol in double action. Ten years later, I still bought one, but usually shoot it in single action. The SA trigger is acceptable with a good reset. I did carry it briefly, but graduated to firearms of a full size nature.

Posts: 466 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:
Originally posted by specter77:
... What amazes me is how accurate it is. I can ring my 8-inch gongs (15ft away) continuously.

Is that a typo? I don’t think hitting an 8” target at five yards is any indication of accuracy. I do, however, think the PPK is capable of acceptable accuracy at reasonable distances; I just remember it being hard to accomplish.

Actually it was a brain fart vice a typo. My Gongs are 15yards downrange. Thanks for the catch.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I still shoot my old PPK/s every year or so. Hate to let the wounds the slide gives me really heal. in case I should carry it or shoot it again.

Love the lore of the gun as well as the quality (its an early 70's gun) but they really are nothing special.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
An Interarms stainless PPK/S was my EDC in the 90's. I stopped carrying it when I learned, on this board, that it can fire if dropped on the muzzle with the safety off.

I still have it. It sits in the safe, and probably will for the next few decades or so.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post