SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If all arms production stopped tomorrow would you be content with what you have?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If all arms production stopped tomorrow would you be content with what you have? Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
There is a difference between NEED and WANT. I don't need any additional guns. I want more, primarily a few additional long guns.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Being a capitalist at heart, my last purchase would be to buy a ship... full of quality small & long arms, which I could then sell at sky-high prices as the market dries up. I don't believe any of us would be truly content if we had to sit still as firearm development continued (new tech and military conflict will ensure it), so no I wouldn't be happy if firearm production for civilians stopped tomorrow. Am I OK with what I have now in the general sense given cost of capital considerations where my personal assets are concerned, the answer would be yes... but that might change based on how I perceive a newly released firearm (e.g. Steyr's M9-A2).

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I'm good. LBJ's Ammoholic thread motivated me. I think I'm good for the rest of my life, if need be. I am stacked very deeply, since before the last election.

Open to new ideas, of course!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I've been content for a couple years now in regards to actual firearms.

However my need for primers, bullets and powder will always be insatiable.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup, Got a 1911 in .17mach2 all the way up to some 50s so I'm good.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Didn’t mean for folks to get hung up on the supply drying up. I just wanted to see if we were all kinda the same in that we all are probably perfectly happy with what we have but there is always one more. I was curious if there really was only one more would there be one or have you reached that point of...nah I’m good.

This is why I changed it to a disposable income question.

Part of this is looking at stuff like the G43X/G48 and thinking both wow that’s cool and then......why? What does this do practically or for fun that I don’t have covered many ways from Sunday.

Anyway. Appreciate the replies and for indulging me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, that's kind of the point. We're not talking about cars or Rolexes. We're talking about relatively affordable items (for the most part) that are relatively easy to sell down the road (for the most part), and we live in a country where a pretty wide range of options are not only accessible but perfectly legal (for the most part). In other words, it's perfectly reasonable to approach guns from the standpoint that part of the fun is being able to try something rather than being focused on having reached some kind of saturation point.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
As long as I could get the last couple parts to finish my AR pistol project, I'd be content.

If I couldn't readily get the parts, then I'm still perfectly fine.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post