SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dovetail RMR mount for G19. Experience?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dovetail RMR mount for G19. Experience? Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
It’s getting harder to shoot past 25 yds with my eyes.

I want to give optics a try on my G19. I want to try it before I buy a MOS, get a slide, or mill a slide.

Does anybody run a dovetail RMR mount? Done it have a dovetail built in for rear sights? What front sight will cowitness?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I mounted a RMR to my dads Gen 3 19 and it worked fine, no issues with the dovetail mount.

I would think a MOS would work better on recoil since its not sitting as far back on the slide.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I’m just wanting to give it a try before I make a big investment. If I like it, I’ll decode which wat to go.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consider a Brownells pre-milled slide the next time they have a 10% off sale. They come stripped, so you transfer all of your internals over (except the firing pin spacer, which you'll need to order. Total investment in the slide will likely be about $175-$180 shipped. You can put your dot on it and shoot it without sights installed if you want to save a step. If you don't like it, you should be able to sell it for $140-$150. Or you can always return it to Brownells.

The reason I'm suggesting a slide is that the dovetail mount puts the optic quite a bit higher and I'm not sure that will translate to a milled slide very well. I did a red dot class recently and the only guy with a dovetail mount was convinced it had to go by the end.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not on a Glock, but I tried an EGW mount for the exact reason you state. It sits unnaturally high and it probably isn't durable enough for duty/carry. I doubt you use it for long.

It served it's purpose and lasted a month before going all in on milling a slide.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post