SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First world road trip carry problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First world road trip carry problems Login/Join 
posted
I have an upcoming roadtrip and Im trying to decide between carrying my P365 or my G19.

I have enough rounds through both to be confident in both. I have holsters and equipment for both. Both are quite comfortable in the car with no issues there.

I think the hang up for me is that I have a WML for my G19 and not for my 365. I of course have a separate light but I like having a WML.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take both, you need a back-up!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Since your gear is already sorted out, I would be concerned with reciprocity in the states which you are visiting. Unless, I guess you are a LEO.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Take both, you need a back-up!

Dont tempt me!

I'm covered by LEOSA though I do hope that one day none of us will have to worry about such things. Probably a pipe dream in todays world.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... the G19. It has everything you want.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:

I'm covered by LEOSA...

If you're going thru NY State, they have a mag limit of 10. NYC may be a whole different set of rules.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own both. Personally, it wouldn't make any difference which one I brought.

Actually, if I only had a S&W M10 .38 Spl police surplus revolver, it would do. Provided I had a good SD load.

Can't comment on the WML, since I don't use them. Perfectly happy with my old Surefire 9P.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My current roadtrip guns are my Glock 32 with TLR-7 and my 33 as backup.

Spare mags fit both.

Planning a June trip to Fort Bragg. Maybe my P365 will be in by then.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
You can't go wrong with either.

If you can carry the G19 without issue then that is what I would do. Longer barrel and sight radius plus a little extra capacity, you can't go wrong.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:

I'm covered by LEOSA...

If you're going thru NY State, they have a mag limit of 10. NYC may be a whole different set of rules.

Solid point, I grew up in NY and I get nostalgic until I remember the dark hole they went down with gun laws. Ive got my 1911s. And I guess that just means I'll be hanging on to my 10 Rd mags for the P365 if I decide to swing by the ol Empire State.

posted Hide Post
I'm not understanding something. Why isn't both an option? When I road trip, I have at least two. And you have the P365. So I'd pocket carry that, and keep the Glock near you in the car. When you stop for food or gas, just put it on.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I vote both plus one for your lady as well.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post