SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where Is The Kahr Love Here?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where Is The Kahr Love Here? Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Something about the MK9 keeps whispering to me, but I haven’t caved yet.

I actually did cave several years ago, thinking it would make a great pocket gun. It would too, if it weren't so dang HEAVY. It was gone as soon as I handled my first LCP.

photo upload on web

Later on I tried again with a CW40. It just didn't shoot well. Not recoil-wise, it just didn't do anything for me at the range.

I did like the super slim aspect of the CW40, but once I SHOT a gen 1 PPS 9mm..... the PPS is definitely one of my "summer guns." Cool

I don't think I will probably ever buy another Kahr.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
In this world of P365's and G43's are there any members who still stand by their Kahr's?

Not me. Not any more.

I tolerated the Kahr CM9, which I used as my on duty backup gun and occasional off duty pocket carry gun for several years, because there wasn't anything better at the time. It was an upgrade over the earlier S&W 642 I used in those role, but I still didn't love it.

And now that the P365 is available, the PM9/CM9 is outclassed in every way. Better sights. Better grip. Better trigger. And almost double the capacity, all in the same size package. (Plus up to 15 round spare magazines too.)

So now it just collects dust in the safe. I'd get rid of it, but there's less than zero demand for used Kahrs nowadays. Wink

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My CM9 has never faltered and few compare to it's size/weight for deep concealment or back up carry.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I had very good luck with Kahrs and carried several until the P365 came along.....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Kahr's, at least the plastic framed ones. I did have a P380 that didn't function reliably, but my P9 and PM9 have been totally reliable. They're like carrying a flat double-action revolver with a sweet trigger.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have a PM9. It is a really good shooter. It is a good, flat little gun.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Their customer service on the Auto Ordnance side left a lot to be desired. As a result I could not ever consider any of their products.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve owned a bunch of Kahrs. MK9. K9. PM9. K40. All ran well. I only have one left. A T9. It’s really a magical gun for me. Like I sent them my hand and said “Build a gun to fit this...”

About the size of a Commander. Haven’t made a holster for it but, I’d carry it in a heartbeat.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have Kahr like, but not love. I had an E9 (1990s version of the K9 with less fine finish and plastic sights) that was a pretty good shooter and never had a stoppage. The plastic front sight, held on by two pegs extruded through little holes in the slide, fell off it, and ejected cases sometimes got thrown at my head. They fixed both problems without a hassle. A PM9 from 2006 had to be sent back for a new barrel and slide before it would run, then I couldn't hit the proverbial broad side of a barn with it. A major annoyance with all of them is the top round in the magazine creeping halfway out of it. This could present a problem if you need a fast reload.

Every now and then I see K9s for sale, but they don't call out "take me home" to me.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Since Kahr bought Magnum Research, this would also include the newer Desert Eagle, BFR, Jericho clones, etc...

All of mine were made before that.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
there's less than zero demand for used Kahrs nowadays. Wink

very true,

almost impossible to sell used, last couple I had in inventory I practically gave away, (MK's,, way too heavy for what it is)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jonholl:
I've pocket carried a CM9 for a few years, 100% reliable, nice trigger, & as big as I want to go for pocket carry.

My CM9 fits fine in a jeans pocket. Usually it's the LCP, but when I want a little more firepower in a pocket I bring the CM9.

I have larger guns for which I use Smart Carry.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
...Perfect defensive trigger IMO

^^^^^^^^^^
Eek I personally think they have the worst trigger of any CCW type pistol. The ones I’ve tried have been so long and heavy it’s like you would have to ask the bad guy to pause and wait while you try and squeeze the trigger to get a round off. A heavy DA HK is soft and easy in comparison. Just my two bits but wow do we see things differently. I actually bought a Beretta Nano instead of the Kahr after comparing the two.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I carried a PM9 for years until I got my 365.

The PM9 needs a trip back for servicing anyway.

I prefer the shorter reset of the Sig.

Ditto, I've carried a PM9 for 8 years. Picked up a P365 last week after shooting one at the range. Once I get a few hundred rounds through my P365 it will most likely be my EDC.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:

I personally think they have the worst trigger of any CCW type pistol.

I take it you have no experience with DA revolvers? To me the Kahr trigger is a nicer, smoother DA revolver-like trigger and one of the things I like about them. I don't want a gun in my pocket with a lighter, shorter trigger like I found with the LCPII.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So now it just collects dust in the safe. I'd get rid of it, but there's less than zero demand for used Kahrs nowadays.

Not just Khars, most "plastic" pistols unless high end.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I take it you have no experience with DA revolvers? To me the Kahr trigger is a nicer, smoother DA revolver-like trigger and one of the things I like about them. I don't want a gun in my pocket with a lighter, shorter trigger like I found with the LCPII.

Same here, my CM9 replaced a 442 Smith as an ankle gun. I shoot the Kahrs like a DA revolver and the pistols have been very reliable and accurate. If you have no experience with small revolver you won't appreciate the benefits the Kahr brings as a "DA" autoloader.
Also, my little CW380 is the best little pocket blaster I've tried. At 11ozs it disappears in my pocket in its Alabama pocket holster.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I still carry the P9 I bought 15+ years ago. Nothing wrong enough with it to spend a few hundred on the "latest and greatest". It fits my hand, is easy to conceal, has my preferred sights, is reliable and is much more accurate than a gun it's size & purpose needs to be.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No, I'm familiar with revolvers. The Nano trigger is substantially smoother than a Kahr with the right amount of weight on the trigger. Try one, I doubt you'll feel the same about your Kahr.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my K9 Elite. My deep Summer carry pistol.
All metal and the trigger is smooth as Hell. Capacity is limited but it's better than throwing rocks.
I held a 365 and it did nothing for me. Have not held a Hellcat and probably won't.
I've had my Kahr for years and I don't think it's going anywhere.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post