SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ETS Group 40 round Glock magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ETS Group 40 round Glock magazines Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Did any of you guys get the email from ETS? It says "Join us in giving the middle finger to those who want to ban mags"

I don't have any use for a 40 round pistol magazine. I have eight 31 round Glock magazines (I took the +2 floorplates off of them and put on standard floorplates) and they work like a charm, but y'know, I just might buy one of these ETS magazines for the reason stated in ETS' email, even if I never use it.

ETS 40 round 9mm Glock Magazines

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I got the email. I ordered a few to test. I had bad luck with their 40 mags so I was glad Glock came out with OEM 22rd mags. I'll give these a shot.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I got it and I’ll be picking some up as soon as I see them on sale. Their 31rd mags are regularly $13, so $27 is a little steep for me.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll probably pick up a few. I can see them in a pistol caliber carbine, but can't really imagine using them in a handgun.

There does come a point when the length and weight hit a point of diminishing returns, and it would be more efficient to use a smaller mag.

I understand the point, however, and I appreciate ETS's position that while others are calling for banning high capacity magazines, they'll make bigger ones available. I may buy one or two just for that reason alone.

I'm very interested in their P320 mags being released on October 7th. I predict they'll sell out immediately. I'll be buying a box full.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
I have a few transparent ETS mags, but prefer the metal lined (OEM) ones, because feed lips are the weakest point in most magazines.

Posts: 7793 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had bad luck with their G17 and the 31 round mags. Either side stacking and not taking the number of rounds or the follower getting stuck and not rising.

I sent them back for new ones and they did the same with all types of ammo. Brass, nickel and steel case.
Their AR mags function flawlessly but their Glock mags leave a lot to be desired.

Posts: 65 | Location: NC | Registered: September 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used their Glock mags in competition and training courses, without a single hesitation or malfunction. They've been dropped loaded, kicked in the dirt, run over, then run again, without any issues. Hot weather, cold weather, hasn't made any difference.

But, and this is the big but, this is why I buy a product often times, to see if it will run. If it doesn't, the purchase was successful because I set out to find out, and if it runs well, then I buy more. I did this with ETS, initially running it in a G19 and G43, and expanded to the G17 and G34. For what it's worth, thus far, the mags haven't skipped a beat.

I was curious about potential feed lip deformation in high ambient temperatures; no sign thus far. No dimensional changes, follower hesitation, increased wear with temp change or dust or sand and so forth. They seem to run about like anything else.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, I'll order a pair just because.

I ordered a pair of the 15 round mags when they first came on the market. They've been loaded the entire time, except when I've used them at the range. I haven't had any failures with them and I have left them loaded to see if there was any feed lip creep or spring set, and there's no sign of either, what, some four years now? I bought them for the same reason sns3guppy did, just to see if they work. So far, they do. They need a little extra persuasion to lock into a Ruger PC carbine, but other than that, they work just fine.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I bought a few of their G19 mags when they came out. Just because. Used them one range session, no issues, tossed them in the stash. Not sure if I'll pick up any of these but I will pick up a few 18 round G21 mags when they are released.

Just because.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, four days later and they’re here. My thumb hurts, lol. Couldn’t find a loader. That said, they’re actually not quite as tough to load as the Glock 33’s.

I did notice a slight hitch in the giddyap somewhere around rounds 10-13. Like the Surefire 60 and 100 round mags, there’s another shoulder about halfway down the mag body where it widens just a smidge, and the rounds started to build a bit funny unless I gave a good seating smack against my palm, or even unload a few and jiggle the magazine a bit until they started stacking correctly.

As goofy as the 33rd mags look in a pistol, these look and feel positively ridiculous. I agree with the earlier comments that these would be best suited to a PCC. They lock in to my pistols and Ruger carbine very easily. I think the Ruger feels best with a 17+2, and while the 33’s make it feel somewhat unwieldy, these ETS 40’s make it look like a Suomi and feel fairly silly. But, should they prove to work well, it could prove to be good for competitive shooters, or load it up with defensive ammo, stick a WML on your gun and you’ve got a lot of bang on tap for home defense.

I almost want to throw some +2 floor plates on these. Just because. I’ll post some comparison pics later.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
GunMagWarehouse now has these for $20! Anyone else have feedback? I know they're impractical but I'm itching to buy.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They released other new mags too. For more than just Glocks. I saw extended VP9 mags and 20rd Glock 43x/48 mags.

ETSNM10 For 10% off for the next two days.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
GunMagWarehouse now has these for $20! Anyone else have feedback? I know they're impractical but I'm itching to buy.

Oh man, you know what it is. You and I screamed "I GOT SHORT STRAW" and now we get guinea pig duty. Razz

I swore pictures and didn't take them. I've been busy. I haven't had these to the range yet or anything else further to report.