SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Stainless Carry Elite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Stainless Carry Elite Login/Join 
posted
I am thinking about buying a P220 Stainless Carry Elite. I have never had a short barreled .45ACP before. I know several people with short .45ACP 1911s. Some are very picky about ammo. Does anyone here have any experience with the short barreled P220? I have a full sized P220 and it is very reliable. Thanks, Ironworker.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the P245. My round count through it is about 1200 and the LGS I bought it from told me the previous owner had shot it extensively.
No failures at all for me. None. Federal AE ball 230gr for practice and Federal HST 230gr for carry.
I too might jump for the same gun you are considering.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I do not have a Stainless Elite Carry (however, I think it is one of the finest looking P-220's ever), but I do have an Equinox Carry. Mine eats everything I feed it.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Sig P220 carry and have never had a problem of any kind. Will feed with any ammo I have put in it. Not near as picky about ammo as any 1911 I also have.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
What good is a pistol thread without pics? Smile

This is from the day I purchased it. It is one of my favorite pistols.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Stainless 220 Carry from a forum member a couple years ago when I was afraid that Czar Cuomo was gonna outlaw everything here in NY. It's beautiful and I feel it's the perfect size. I've never had a single issue with any ammo I've put through it and it is extremely accurate.

Posts: 249 | Location: Westchester County NY | Registered: September 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post