SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question P320 RX Compact vs Full Size?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question P320 RX Compact vs Full Size? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
So one of the huge advantages of a full size gun. Sight Radius right? With a RDS mounted on a pistol the sight radius no longer matters correct? (Unless optic goes down)

So outside of maybe gaining the extra FPS with a 5" barrel. What would be the advantages of a 320 RX in full size vs compact?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My thinking is that if I'm not going to carry concealed: Size is not an issue, and bigger is often better. (Sight radius, muzzle velocity/energy, round count, etc.) If I'm going to carry concealed: Find that happy medium/trade-off between size and comfort/concealability.

My only carry intention with my P320 was OWB, and I knew I was going to hang a light off the rail, so I went full-size.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
What would be the advantages of a 320 RX in full size vs compact?

The end of your barrel is closer to the target.

j/k

Seriously though, perhaps better stabilization of bullet and slightly less flash and bang.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
If you can rent or borrow both a full size and compact P320, I would suggest that. I personally prefer the way the compact handles for me, as I like the balance better. Except for the X5 grip module... the built-in grip weight makes the balance perfect and that thing is a dream to shoot, optic or not!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
both my p320s are full size, 45 and 9mm, I like em. I carry OWB with a long tail shirt. Most people see nothing. I intend to get a 'compact kit' for the 9mm some day. But to be honest I have owned many handguns and just don't like 'little' guns. LOL
Carl

Posts: 41 | Location: Bofire1@comcast.net | Registered: May 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post