SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 320 didnt go off on its own!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 320 didnt go off on its own! Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. — A school resource deputy for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office lost his job on Wednesday after he accidentally fired his gun in a school cafeteria in April.
Pasco Sheriff Chris Nocco announced the termination in a press conference on Wednesday. He said the deputy was fired for "conduct unbecoming" and mishandling his weapon.
PREVIOUS COVERAGE: School Resource Officer's gun accidentally fires in cafeteria of Wesley Chapel middle school
Nocco says the SRO was in the cafeteria, leaning against the wall when his holstered, duty-issued firearm accidentally discharged into the wall behind him. There were 10 kids in the cafeteria at the time, Nocco said.
According to Nocco, the deputy can be seen on video lifting the weapon in and out of its holster. Nocco says while its still unknown what exactly caused the weapon to go off, he said the deputy's "actions are what caused it."
"Ultimately it comes down to, if you leave the gun in the holster it's not going to go off," Nocco said. "Only one thing caused that gun to go off — it was him," he later added.
Nocco said the Florda Department of Law Enforcement did independent tests on the weapon and found that nothing was wrong with it.
"There was nothing wrong with the weapon, from the Pasco Sheriff's standpoint to an independent study by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. There was nothing wrong with the handgun."
According to Nocco, the deputy admitted that he has a bad habit of fidgeting with his gun.
"Our members are trained on our weapons, on proper handling. The actions the former member displayed are nothing that we train," Nocco said. "Every time you use that weapon, you have to remember it is a deadly weapon."
Nocco said from the day of the incident until Wednesday, the deputy was on administrative leave.

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
The folly is believing in the infallibility of man.

in this case....Dishonest POS.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hey, after some of the 'magical discharge' stories we've heard, it's nice to see a no-BS approach.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
According to Nocco, the deputy can be seen on video lifting the weapon in and out of its holster.

How did someone this freaking retarded get this job??
Good grief!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
it's nice to see a no-BS approach.

Indeed: my immediate reaction.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
the deputy admitted that he has a bad habit of fidgeting with his gun.

What a maroon.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m glad they fired the idiot and realized It was his fault vs saying guns are dangerous and we should ban all guns.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Dumbass.

quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
According to Nocco, the deputy can be seen on video lifting the weapon in and out of its holster.

How did someone this freaking retarded get this job??
Good grief!

Unfortunately, I've seen officers do this. Drives me crazy. Mostly cadets and rookies, but also some experienced officers.

They'll absentmindedly fidget with their holstered guns while bored... Mostly it's repeatedly disengaging and reengaging the retention mechanisms. Rarely it goes so far as partially drawing the gun and reseating it between rounds of messing with the retention.

Sounds like he was one of the latter, and managed to get his finger or some other object in there to boot.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I use to be a manager for a small Security Company. One night a rather stupid Officer left his gun on a table in a break room of the facility he was assigned to and some one else found it before him. This was reported to me and he was fired them next day. This Officer was also a Deputy Sheriff and he had a bad habit of playing around with his gun. Not to long after we fired him the Sheriff's Office also fired him. Some people are not cut out to work in LE or Security .

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to work with a dude who carried a BHP off duty. When he would go into the locker room to get into his duty gear, he would draw the gun and then rack the slide by hand, ejecting all 13 rounds until it was empty. He used his hat to catch the rounds. This scared the piss out of me. I told Admin it was going on and they jumped down his throat, but I heard he still did it, but where we couldnt see it going on. He told me he did this to "make sure the gun worked". Eek One of the craziest things I ever saw a cop do!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I've seen it before. Get a fidget spinner or something. Not the worse stupid I've heard of related to a gun on duty but I've seen shit that would turn you white.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait. What?

I can’t believe what I’m reading.

It sounds like a factual, unbiased news report. I don’t think I’ve read one of those since...1995?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I knew a deputy that INSISTED he carry his P226 with the hammer back. I tried to talk sense into him, but he wouldnt listen. He was not a gun guy and didnt know anything about guns.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I knew a deputy that INSISTED he carry his P226 with the hammer back. I tried to talk sense into him, but he wouldnt listen. He was not a gun guy and didnt know anything about guns.

Christ. Most places are always in need of janitors.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
There's a reason they usually didn't give Barney a bullet for his gun.
Might be a solution for guys like this too. Smile

For those under 50;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQBhUzEsO-Y

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post