SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Sauer SP2009
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer SP2009 Login/Join 
posted
Recently picked up a SP2009. Nice gun, accurate, and reliable. Regarding the decocker, it's difficult to engage, really have to bear down on it. In comparison, my P220 from the early 1990's is easy. Any ideas, or is this characteristic of the SP2022 / SP2009 series of guns?

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I had a SP2009. I had no problem w/ its decocker being stiff.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been around a few of them and they should not have a stiff decocker. I would suggest having an armorer take a look at it.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pop the grip off it. There may be something lodged between the frame and the DC lever. I had a friend who was having a similar problem. When I got the grip off, I found it had sand that had worked its way under the grip. my buddy would carry the gun when he rode ATVs, which kicked up a lot of sand and grit into the gun.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Fairly certain there’s nothing wrong with the pistol, just the difference between models.
My 90s 220 decocks practically as soon as you move the lever.
Other models vary as to when it engages.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Snake207,

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Fairly certain there’s thing wrong with the pistol, just the difference between models.
My 90s 220 decocks practically as soon as you move the lever.
Other models vary as to when it engages.

Weak thumb, thats the culprit

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I've had 3 Sig Pro pistols. They all have a fairly strong resistant decocking lever.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I've had 3 Sig Pro pistols. They all have a fairly strong resistant decocking lever.

Agree, I own 2 and I would describe the action as stout.

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the responses. It's getting easier.

posted Hide Post
Ok, this decocker really was bothering me, so I ordered a SP2022 metal decocker...the SP2022 version the tab is a bit longer. This improved it quite a bit. Hopefully the picture posting will work...
Decocker Comparison by Braenaru 449, on Flickr

New Decocker by Braenaru 449, on Flickr

Decocker return spring by Braenaru 449, on Flickr

SP2009 by Braenaru 449, on Flickr

2009 w SP2022 Decocker by Braenaru 449, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Braenaru,