Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PPQ Trigger Login/Join 
Picture of sigmoid
posted
This pistol is hands down one of the most accurate, and reliable 9mm's I've ever owned.
The trigger as well is sweet with a reset second to none.
I would however, like to "clean up" a little of the movement from take up to trigger break.
No complaint on pull weight, it is great, but does anybody know who works on these PPQ's for trigger work?

Posts: 1307 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
After shooting my DA/SA SIGs, found the PPQ trigger to be very light.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
You might want to put a drop of oil on/around the firing pin block and then working it up and down manually to make sure it moves smoothly if you have not tried that.

Is it so bad that it affects your shooting your PPQ?? Minor things that I may notice dry firing never bother me during actual shooting.

Never heard of anyone that does trigger work on the PPQ professionally.

Posts: 9746 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
My PPQ M1 is like that, 'noisy' on the take-up.

It's only annoying when staging the trigger, which given how the remainder of the PPQ trigger action is almost invites a person to treat the pistol as if it's a target gun. But when shot like the service pistol that it is, I never notice it.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
It's hard to imagine you could make the PPQ trigger any better.

No idea who works on Walthers, but let us know if you find a smith who does. I would like to get the trigger on my PPS smoothed out.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the PPQ may be more noticeable due to the long takeup for the initial shot. The PPQ gets its nice break thanks to being fully cocked, like the P320. Getting to the break, which is slight, is long travel, during which time some slight grit might be noticed.

That distance is putely takeup; nothing is being done me hanically except moving to the release point, or break. There is vo resistance except trigger return spring pressure. Other than lubrication, there's really nothing there to chance to smooth anything out.

I'd spend that time (fully forward, until fully prepped or shot break) focusing on driving the sight, rather than worrying about any very minor grit in the takeup.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My PPQ M2 trigger is by far the best striker fired trigger I've shot.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Apex makes a drop in replacement trigger that might do what you want. Hard to make something that good, better!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My PPQ Classic had a bad creepy break. Here's how to fix it:

Most the grit and creep is due to the trigger bar pressing the firing pin safety as it moves. So to fix it, you just need to polish:

- The firing pin safety plunger (remove from slide first, after removing striker assembly).
- Trigger bar where it contacts the firing pin safety plunger
- Trigger bar where it slides on the guide hinged to the fire control group
- Optional: sear engagement surfaces

POLISH, not grind. I used a Dremel felt wheel with polishing compound, and then Flitz liquid polish.

Take it is much smoother now, and break is crisp most of the time.

After all this, keep all engagement surfaces lubed well, especially the firing pin safety plunger.

The APEX trigger comes with a pre-polished trigger bar but otherwise, there is nothing else on it that will affect the feel of the take-up and break.

HK and I think CZ striker pistols have avoided this issue by having firing pin safeties that have horizontal levers lever instead of plungers.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Thanks
there is definite "creep" between hitting the wall and trigger break.
It's not horrible, I know it can be better, chalking it up to production.
I have to believe there is someone who works on these?
Just trying to find who that is?
I don't dick with my own trigger...
Been there, done that.

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1307 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seriously? It's the best, most accurate, etc, for you and you want to mess with it?

As already stated, the only pretravel action is moving the striker block. A touch of oil with that interface may help but frankly I doubt you'd be happy unless you removed it altogether. The trigger safety dingus may rub something too, so eliminate that while you're at it. Maybe mount a spring or rubber band to hold the trigger right at the breaking point so it simulates a series 70 1911.

I know I'm being snarky but this sounds like the princess and the pea. I can't imagine how this is affecting your ability to shoot it accurately.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:

And my M1's trigger isn't the best PPQ trigger that I've ever shot. So what does it mean?

There's a fair amount of variation from gun-to-gun when it comes to the triggers of many striker designs, and unfortunately the PPQ is not exempt. One of the crummiest examples was on a Q5 that we got in, and that one is supposed to be match-grade. A Navy that we just sold has a trigger much like the one on my M1. OTOH we've had many examples come through that were so clean and precise that it makes me grovel with envy when I compare my example to them.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
The trigger on my M1 9 is a bit crisper than my M2 .45, but for whatever reason, I am better with the .45. And as LeftySig mentioned, the little extra grit seems to comes from the interaction with the plunger. I may get around to trying to do something about that one day.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Seriously? It's the best, most accurate, etc, for you and you want to mess with it?

As already stated, the only pretravel action is moving the striker block. A touch of oil with that interface may help but frankly I doubt you'd be happy unless you removed it altogether. The trigger safety dingus may rub something too, so eliminate that while you're at it. Maybe mount a spring or rubber band to hold the trigger right at the breaking point so it simulates a series 70 1911.

I know I'm being snarky but this sounds like the princess and the pea. I can't imagine how this is affecting your ability to shoot it accurately.

You're not being snarky, you're being rude.
If you don't have anything to add to my request about a Walther PPQ gunsmith, go troll somewhere else.

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Originally posted by hile:

And my M1's trigger isn't the best PPQ trigger that I've ever shot. So what does it mean?

There's a fair amount of variation from gun-to-gun when it comes to the triggers of many striker designs, and unfortunately the PPQ is not exempt. One of the crummiest examples was on a Q5 that we got in, and that one is supposed to be match-grade. A Navy that we just sold has a trigger much like the one on my M1. OTOH we've had many examples come through that were so clean and precise that it makes me grovel with envy when I compare my example to them.

Exactly my point, thank you.
I have handled 3 PPQ's since my purchase and they are quite different and no creep which I attribute to mass production.
No problem, not flaming Walther at all, just the opposite.
I am going to reach out to Robert Burke and see if he can help?
He did some work on an X5 that was outstanding, anybody know of anyone else, please pass it along.

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’d certainly check with Burke, he may know of someone if nothing else

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post