Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 42 Login/Join 
Picture of Larry_K
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:
I was talking to a guy over the weekend who didn't see why anyone would want the 42 when the 43 was only a "pinch" bigger. I told him to try both in his jeans pocket for a day and he's see the value of the 42.

I hear that a lot from guys when they find I carry an XDS, many will say "The XD subcompact is barely any larger, higher capacity, etc etc.". A couple tenths of an inch here and there can make a HUGE difference, but some folks just don't want to really understand that everyone has different needs. People should embrace the fact there a LOT of good carry choices out currently. Before recently it was about 12 years ago the last time I went looking for something subcompact and I think that Kahr was the only real viable option, now it'll make your head spin with what's available and it took me over a month to decide on what I wanted.

Larry

Posts: 1295 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: August 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
If you go back 20 years it was a Seecamp 32 was your only good choice. The firearms industry has really grown over the last few decades. Competition is a wonderful thing!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post