SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CAA Micro RONI stabilizer - Anyone have one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CAA Micro RONI stabilizer - Anyone have one? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Just happened to see it on Primary Arms' website. For some reasons, I kind of dig it. But, then, looking at the shitty reviews, I wonder how can they sell these things for $300? Roll Eyes

http://www.primaryarms.com/MIC-RONI-STAB19

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I want one & if they were $150-$175 I'd already have one.
But my G19 is a compensated model so I'll need a replacement barrel on top of the cost of the RONI.

Im actually interested in the distance from the trigger face to the buttstock (oops, butt of the brace).
If it's close to the length of pull of my 7.5" AR I'll eventually buy one.

Anyone have that info ?
Willing to admit to owning one ?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Had one, sold it to "agony." Mine was/is for the 19/23/32.

It is a solid piece, even folded. I sold it due to the length - shouldered it is very short and I wasn't comfortable with it. I never shot it, but had it offered a little longer "pull length", I would have kept it. They do, now, offer an extended length version.

I would have no problems with it as a "braced pistol", but shouldering it would give me pause. I have a CX9 that just continues to prove "best" the more I search and compare.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Yup I bought craigcpa's. Smile

I ran 300 rounds through it with a gen4 G19. I'm not very tall but yeah, the LOP is way too short for decent shouldering. I may pony up the money to get the longer stock.

The other thing I don't like about it is that the bore axis to sight axis difference is huge. I'm hitting at least 6-7" low using some magpul polymer AR sights and can't get the front sight low enough to get it sighted in properly. I'll have to cut down the sight post to get it on target. Or just put a cheap red dot on it.

For me it's a fun range toy, and I can't take it very serious for real-world defensive shooting. I doubt it will replace my folding AR pistol as my SHTF/get home car gun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: agony,

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Yup I bought craigcpa's. Smile

I'm hitting at least 6-7" high using some magpul polymer AR sights and can't get the front sight low enough to get it sighted in properly. I'll have to cut down the sight post to get it on target. Or just put a cheap red dot on it.

If it is hitting 6"-7" high, why would you want to lower the front sight?

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
oops typo. shooting low not high.
I'll correct it

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one. It is solid. I don’t ever shoot it. LOP is short. Face seems close to ejection port but I think that is more perception than reality.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I concur about the too-short LOP. A customer bought one online and had it shipped to us with his pistol transfer. One of these with SBK's adjustable brace might be a better fitting solution. Otherwise it seemed like a solid 'holster/shroud'.

As for the negative reviews on Primary Arms: they cast shade on CAA's CS rather than on the device itself. I believe that the devices are made in Israel and I doubt that CAA here carries much in the way of spare parts because they likely arrived here in the U.S. fully boxed and packaged, and no one thought to send along or order backstock spare pieces in case something was missing, because no one planned for such an eventuality. Hence the company's sluggish response to queries on the missing screws cited in the irate reviews.

Similar to how SIG handled all of that iTac-sourced gear that they once sold. No spares, instead forced to talk/white lie to iTac(!) even though it's SIG Sauer's logo on the packaging and on the accessory's flanks.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of orangehole
posted Hide Post
I have one for the G17 and it is a blast. If you have a spare Glock hanging around and some 33rd mags I would definitely buy one. In fact I wasn't aware of the PA sale and thanks to your link, I just bought one for my G23.

"God created man, Sam Colt made them equal"

Posts: 382 | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I didn't pay that price I will have to say it is a fun little thing and I would buy at that price.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I noticed that with the gen4 19 I was using (shooting low) the muzzle didn't appear centered in the exit hole of the roni. I tried a gen3 19 and it is perfectly centered. Strange. Maybe this is why it was hitting low. Range report on Monday.
If it shoots better, then I'm ordering the longer brace.

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Length Of Pull , in inches or MM please !?!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post