SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is There a Modern Compact 9mm SA/DA Metal Pistol With Safety On DA?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is There a Modern Compact 9mm SA/DA Metal Pistol With Safety On DA? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
USPc. In whatever variant HK calls it. Nice thing is, when you decide you don’t need a safety on a DA they sell the other variants as well. Won’t say easy swap, but it’s doable.

Plus, it will outlast you.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I can think of several, some of which have already been mentioned. One that hasn’t is the IMI Jericho 941 / Baby Eagle... comes with either a frame mounted manual safety or slide mounted decocker.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen an AREX in person, too small a market around here for such novelties.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I can think of several, some of which have already been mentioned. One that hasn’t is the IMI Jericho 941 / Baby Eagle... comes with either a frame mounted manual safety or slide mounted decocker.

quote:
USPc. In whatever variant HK calls it. Nice thing is, when you decide you don’t need a safety on a DA they sell the other variants as well. Won’t say easy swap, but it’s doable.

Plus, it will outlast you.

Thanks guys!

quote:
I have not seen an AREX in person, too small a market around here for such novelties.I have not seen an AREX in person, too small a market around here for such novelties.

I doubt anyone around here has one either.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7083 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I've handled an Arex. Nicely done...I want a full size in nickel w/ walnut for reasons.

Posts: 3082 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I’ve got both a full size and compact AREX Rex Zero and they’re both very nice pistols. They haven’t been around long (2016?) and don’t get a lot of notoriety, but the reviews I’ve seen have all been very good. I believe the full size Rex Zero is still #1 as the best performer in the Military Arms Channel’s torture test, if you care about those wild and crazy tests. There are YouTube videos and it is pretty impressive. I’ve had mine for a while and, although I haven’t put a lot of rounds through them, they’ve been flawless. And, yes, you can set the safety in both the single and double action mode.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot about Arex (and I have a an Arex Alpha). They are very nice blasters. Very similar in feel to a P series Sig but a little different mechanically.

OP if you're looking for one of those or a 92 Compact (or anything else), keep me in mind.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Beretta 92 compac. It has been 100% reliable. And is still being made. All metal and alloy. But, not very compac. I like the added weight. It is scary accurate.

John!

Posts: 113 | Registered: April 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My Canik C-100 allows me to engage the safety with the hammer down.

Posts: 3509 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I was just looking at the Rex Zero One CP (compact) today at my LGS ... all I can say is sweeet! I really liked it. I carry a lot of 1911's and,if you so choose, here's a P229 size pistol that one can carry cocked and locked. With safety engaged you can even work the slide. Fit and finish looked excellent and I saw it beat the Sig in the torture test on Military Arms Channel last night. The price was $599. Long story short, I did walk away with a new STI DVC Carry. But the Rex is still on my short list, maybe April.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my 2075 RAMI with manual safety done over by CZ custom and the safety now engages in either DA or SA. A fantastic pistol. I'm thinking other pistols would be the same.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
How about the Lionheart LH9CN? It is a reincarnation of the Daewoo DP51 and has a unique "Triple Action" or "Double Action Plus". You can fire from TDA or push the hammer forward when in single action, resulting a long but light trigger pull. The safety can be engaged when the hammer is down in double action mode or in single action for "cocked and locked" carry.

https://www.lionheartindustries.com/product/lh9cn/

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I don't have any personal experience with them, it appears that Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra Compact series have the frame mounted safety that functions as a decocker, as well as a safety on DA (and SA).

Hope this helps.

ATAKW

Posts: 85 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: April 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at the SIG P938? It is a 9mm 1911ish with a safety. I like that I can rack the slide while in safety. It is not da/Sa though.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post