SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger LCP must haves and what holsters are you using?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LCP must haves and what holsters are you using? Login/Join 
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
That Blue Force Gear holster looks nice, but the tight fit is all wrong. A pocket holster should fit, but have more of a relaxed fit. The gun should be able to slide right out.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
That Blue Force Gear holster looks nice, but the tight fit is all wrong. A pocket holster should fit, but have more of a relaxed fit. The gun should be able to slide right out.

Agree. I want very little to no retention in a pocket holster. All I want it to do is hold the gun upright, and cover the trigger.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's form-fitting to the gun, but not tight whatsoever. The holster keeps the gun in place in your pocket, but there's no resistance when you draw. The looks are deceiving, trust me.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
I have a holster made by a member here, bronicabill. Don't know if he is still making them. It is meant to wear in your back pocket. The design puts a large leather flap over the gun, so it doesn't print. Looks like a wallet in your pocket. I like the design a lot, very comfortable, keeps the gun controlled, easy to draw, and super low profile.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
quote:

It's form-fitting to the gun, but not tight whatsoever. The holster keeps the gun in place in your pocket, but there's no resistance when you draw. The looks are deceiving, trust me.

When he picked it up and held it upside down, the gun should have fallen out. He demonstrated that the holster retained the gun, which isn't how a pocket holster should work. It also showed that he had to forcefully shove the gun into the holster.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post