SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger LCP must haves and what holsters are you using?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LCP must haves and what holsters are you using? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Got the LCP II and use the pocket holster that came with it. Also put a Hogue Handall sleeve grip on it.

Posts: 1201 | Location: NC | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Basic Ebay holster and hogue grip.

Posts: 3510 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The absolute thinnest pocket holster made for the LCP is the Blue Force Gear UltraComp. Getchyasome! https://www.blueforcegear.com/pocket-holster
This thing is the bees knees!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I had a hogue grip but I felt it made it too big for me and contradicted having a small pistol. That blue force holster is interesting.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I bought my LCP when they first came out.
Sent been back for the recall and returned years ago.
Ruger sent me a hat and a mag finger extension for my trouble.

It is my most carried firearm, simply because it is just too easy to carry.
I did buy a CT LG-431 LASER for it several years ago, and acquired holsters to fit.
But if I had to do it over again, I'd skip on the laser.

I polished the barrel and one mag (I was bored one day).
That was years ago, never had any rust issues at all.

Sent the slide and some parts to CCR for then Ceraplate.
First LCPs had a plastic mag release, I bought a metal one from Ruger when they came out.
Gun still holds up after years of carry.

Pistol runs anything, FMJ, JHP, FMJ Truncated Cone Ammo, you name it, it fires and ejects it.

Anyway, I carry 90% in a High Noon Pocket Grabber.

Either in a back jeans pocket or front shorts pocket.

10% carry in a custom made OWB, it literally disappears on my belt.

Now use a Pachmayr tactical grip glove.
Fits my hand better then the Hogue slip on in the other pics.

I carry a spare mag in my offside pocket in a Meco mag holder.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Galloway "Sweet Pea" trigger in mine. Makes a world of difference. My wife has a Ruger LCP Custom and it already has the metal trigger,metal guide rod and real sights. I wish there were some after market sights, as it is amazing at what a difference the sights make with accuracy.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone, especially 1lowlife! Great write up and pics!
I have no interest in the laser. I do like that holster and the polishing.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrprovy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
The absolute thinnest pocket holster made for the LCP is the Blue Force Gear UltraComp. Getchyasome! https://www.blueforcegear.com/pocket-holster

Agreed, this is the best pocket holster available!
I also carry in a Crossbreed MicroClip IWB and the gun disappears.

Posts: 62 | Location: New Yorkistan | Registered: April 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrprovy:
quote:

Not a LCP owner (yet!), but I was intrigued enough by this holster to get one for my 642, even though I rarely pocket carry.

Thanks for making me spend money! Wink

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Galloway SS recoil rod, 13# recoil spring, Hogue Handall grip. Has made my finicky LCP run like a sewing machine. I also put a drop of white paint on the front sight.

For holsters I have a inexpensive BlackHawk pocket holster, and a Galco “Stinger” for belt carry.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had an LCP way back when they first came out.

What I'd recommend:

Holster: DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. THE BEST pocket holster out there IMO. I've gone through many various types and brands of pocket holsters and ALWAYS come back to this one. (I pocket carry a Kahr CW380 currently).

Grip: A Hogue Hand-all Jr rubber slip-on grip sleeve

Ammo: Hornady Critical Defense. The best .380 defensive ammo out there if you ask me.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I love all of these insights and suggestions. Thank you for sharing what you are all using and what makes the LCP better!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I looked up the recall and below is the link:
LCP Recall

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
My prefix is 372 with no dash.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
My prefix is 372 with no dash.

The recall was like 10-11 years ago, I'm sure you are fine.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah the recall was within 6 months of it being released; Ruger did a great job of prepaid labels / boxes / pickup & return with a free mag and swag. Took less than a week.

The other thing I did with my original was have the slide and all metal parts refinished, as it rusted in a day while moving someone in the summer. CCR House black on everything but the barrel which got CeraPlate. Still looks like new.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I may have to refinish this. I am thinking of polishing the feed ramp.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I bought a Nemesis holster and really like it. I'm gonna look for a Meco magazine holder.

Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

How is the printing with this one? I have a little kydex one for mine (can't think of the make at the moment) that's just as thin. It works well enough for jeans but the way it prints with anything else is so obvious it actually draws attention. I have the Nemesis too and it works alright but it feels gigantic in my pocket compared to the other.

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salty Dawg:
quote:
quote:

How is the printing with this one? I have a little kydex one for mine (can't think of the make at the moment) that's just as thin. It works well enough for jeans but the way it prints with anything else is so obvious it actually draws attention. I have the Nemesis too and it works alright but it feels gigantic in my pocket compared to the other.

It's an EXTREMELY thin holster (yet surprisingly TOUGH), so it doesn't do much to eliminate printing. I find that pants that are snug in the thighs cause more printing issues than any particular holster when pocket carrying. Thicker holsters like the Nemesis or those with flaps will help reduce that some, but feel/look HUGE, as you stated.

I prefer a pocket holster that's very thin, with a "sticky" surface that grabs the inside of the pockets, and avoid pants that are overly snug. The BFG fits that bill nicely, and cheap!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post