SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger LCP must haves and what holsters are you using?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LCP must haves and what holsters are you using? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
I traded a member for a Ruger LCP a few weeks ago. I had one for years but traded it when I got my G42. I have a renewed love for this little Ruger. It is the first LCP. My buddy has an LCP II and I must that I like it, too.

I put a carry clip on it. I haven’t decided if I like it. I want a nice leather holster but can’t decide which one I want. I want something that won’t add too much extra material and take away from the smallness of the gun.

I have the 13 lb recoil springs and stainless guide rod ordered. I think I’ll get the tool-less takedown pin as well. Anything else that I must get?

I go back and forth on leather or kydex. I love a molded leather holster but kydex is so much thinner. I just can’t decide.

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry the LCP. There is a cheap Desantis pocket holster that I use.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Same here. I don't think they need anything but maybe a little nail polish on the front sight.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't recommend carrying with one of those slide clips. A Kydex or leather holster is a much safer option.

I used bright green nail polish on the front sight, but an LCP is a 'get off of me' defensive pistol of last resort. Reasonable accuracy out to 10-15 feet. Beyond that is pure luck.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1...what az4783054 says. Mine is is LCP Custom Model 3740(I think) super reliable. I've been using the ARX ammo and shoot it once a month, clean and back in my pocket.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You guys have sights on your pocket pistols? Cool!

I just got a Seecamp from a member here. No sights. Smooth top. Just kind of point it in the general direction.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Benner, I think I would alter that LCP one step at a time. If you make all those changes at the same time and the pistol becomes unreliable, it will be more difficult to figure out which “improvement” screwed it up.

The only mod on my LCP is a dab of fluorescent nail polish on the nubbin front sight, as another poster suggested.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
That’s a great idea on the one mod at a time. Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Benner, I think I would alter that LCP one step at a time. If you make all those changes at the same time and the pistol becomes unreliable, it will be more difficult to figure out which “improvement” screwed it up.

The only mod on my LCP is a dab of fluorescent nail polish on the nubbin front sight, as another poster suggested.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have a stainless Galloway precision guide rod as the factory one tends to mushroom at the head. Also put in 11# recoil springs from Wolff and carry in a R grizzle gray elephant hide pocket holster. To note I have essentially a first gen (post recall) LCP. It’s been flawless in about 500 rounds.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Pocket carry in a Nemesis. I added a Hogue grip and painted the front sight red with Testors enamel.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Got an ankle holster for mine that was quite comfortable. But, after multiple FTF with the little thing, regardless of ammo, I've decided to get rid of it for an LCR in 22mag.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have a very old, very early LCP that I absolutely love. I have tons and tons of rounds down range and it has never failed or jammed even a single time. I learned years ago that when you do find a reliable small .380, you never sell it.

I HIGHLY recommend the A Holster pocket holster. Its thin, its light weight, and its superior design to anything else out there that I have seen.

https://aholster.com/product/pocket-aholster/

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, bubbatime. I just ordered an aholster for my S&W Bodyguard. Can't wait to give it a try.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Meco leather or Remora soft pocket holster.

No mods to the pistol except paint on the sights plus a couple of magazines and ammo.

Fiocchi XTP ammo is what I use, it's an old original LCP which went back for the recall. Never failed in maybe 1500rds.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pocket Concealment Systems
http://pcsholsters.com/main.html
are the heat, assuming he's still doing business: I haven't seen many changes on his website, ever.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. Bubbatime, those aholsters are on sale!

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the aholster recommendation, ordered one for the bodyguard. On sale too, cannot wait to have another option besides smartcarry(which will still be my preferred for work)

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Ditto.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I added a trigger shoe to my old LCP, as it works better for me than the skinny trigger. I carry mine in a wallet holster.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a cheap Uncle Mike's pocket holster when I carry the LCP. It works well.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post