SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG Mags made by Wilson Combat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Mags made by Wilson Combat Login/Join 
Picture of Billy346
posted
So, I just bought three new mags for my 1911 Nightmare .357. They arrived on Friday in a Box from SIG Sauer, and the packages for each magazine were branded SIG Sauer, but when I pulled them out of the box, they were all Wilson Combat! One of them even had the signature Wilson smooth plastic follower! I tried them out this weekend at the range and they worked perfectly. I guess SIG is upping their game in terms of sub-contractors.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
How did you identify them as Wilson?

I ask because it just sounds contrary to everything Sig has been doing for several years now.

They're MO is more to use some generic Chinese rip off of a Wilson than an actual Wilson IMO.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
They're MO is more to use some generic Chinese rip off of a Wilson than an actual Wilson IMO.

Confused

What are you referring to? What made-in-China magazines is SIG supplying with their guns? I’m truly curious.

(If you can’t cite any verifiable, specific examples, this is a perfect demonstration of how ridiculous Internet rumors get started. Two years from now someone will be coming here and saying, “I understand that all SIG magazines come from China and are crap.”)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not known to be a fact, but the last I heard was that Sig was using Checkmate to manufacture their Sig 1911 magazines for them. Not a generic rip off from China, but a respectable and quality magazine that meets their specifications. I doubt very seriously that Sig would risk their reputation by relying on a knock off from a Chinese company.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
How did you identify them as Wilson?

I ask because it just sounds contrary to everything Sig has been doing for several years now.

The baseplates are embossed with "Wilson Combat" exactly like other Wilson's I have in my inventory. Plus the holes on the magazine tube match the other Wilson's I have in my inventory. I'll post a picture when I get back to my house later today.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's a 1911 mag. So, not a surprise, if WC does in fact make them.

Reading the title, "SIG Mags made by Wilson Combat", I was thinking they're making the non-1911 mags. Eek

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Confused

What are you referring to? What made-in-China magazines is SIG supplying with their guns? I’m truly curious.

(If you can’t cite any verifiable, specific examples, this is a perfect demonstration of how ridiculous Internet rumors get started. Two years from now someone will be coming here and saying, “I understand that all SIG magazines come from China and are crap.”)

I said their MO is more to use...

Like their cheap red dots, and other garbage they've been putting out with their name on it for years.

Did I literally say they used Chinese mags? No I didn't, so asking for a site kinda misses my point. I think the point of my post was plenty clear.

Sig using something good instead of using something cheap goes against their MO of the past decade, hence my comment.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Confused

I said their MO is more to use...

Like their cheap red dots, and other garbage they've been putting out with their name on it for years.

Did I literally say they used Chinese mags? No I didn't, so asking for a site kinda misses my point. I think the point of my post was plenty clear.

Sig using something good instead of using something cheap goes against their MO of the past decade, hence my comment.

The "SigTac" stuff is LONG GONE. Everything with the Sig Sauer name currently being shipped is of very high quality. I have looked at and purchased several of their current line of red dots, range finders, binoculars, rifle scopes and spotting scopes and every single item I've come across has been outstanding!! Including their new line of ammo!! And it's all an exceptional value because the prices are quite reasonable and quite a bit less than competitors options of equal quality.

As I said, the "SigTac" crap is long long gone. Have no fear of anything made by or labeled Sig today.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The ROMEO RDS are made in China.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post