SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Might need a Colt snake
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Might need a Colt snake Login/Join 
posted
I've got quite a nice set of P&R Smith and Wessons, but no classic Colts. It doesn't seem right. Smile

I realize the Python is the ultimate, but wondering what the hierarchy of models is generally considered to be in terms of classic goodness.

Thanks

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I would normally start off by suggesting a Colt 1873 Single Action Army.

However you specifically said Snakes.

So a Cobra, Diamond Back and Python would make a nice start for your Snake Pit Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
I would normally start off by suggesting a Colt 1873 Single Action Army.

I actually inherited my dad's second generation SAA. I should have specified DA.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it have to be named after a snake?

If not, but you want the old V spring action, the first generation 357 (Yes, that is its model name.) and Trooper are not as overpriced as the Python. The Officer's Model Target/Special/Match series are fine revolvers on that frame.

If you can stand a coil spring, I think the MK III Troopers are good stout guns that don't scratch the High Priced Collector's Item bump.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to the Pythons, myself

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My paltry infestation.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
My '61 Python shooter just keeps on keeping on.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I inherited my 1967 Python from my Father.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys are mean. All these photos and not ONE of you has offered to trade me your LNIB Python for a slightly used G19. Razz

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I live in a Glock-Free-Zone and plan on keeping it that way unless I am issued one.

This thread got me to pull out one of my Favorites and shoot a photo of it. This is a 6" Royal Blue Python with the optional Elliason Sight package. This is probably my favorite Python for target shooting. Even over my 8" Pythons. BTW, this was only four hundred and change when I bought it. If I only knew then . . . .

I put the Hogue wood grips on it sometime in the Eighties. I always order my Hogues with no finger groove and the optional contrasting butt cap and white line spacer. The gold fill was done with a product called Bonanza Gold that was sold by Brownells, it has held up well for being applied 2 or 3 decades ago, funny that I can't remember when I did it. Frown

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post