SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought another P365...a hater's perspective
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought another P365...a hater's perspective Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
So, with the 365 talk still going on, I decided to buy another P365. I sold my last one quite a while ago and haven't touched one since.

Upon picking up the gun again, I am reminded of how amazingly small the gun is. I still can't believe it has the capacity it does when I hold it.

I still have my 12 round mags and holsters I bought from my first one, so I'm ready to hit the range later this week.

I really think the primer drag on this gun is a problem and design flaw, so I won't be carrying this gun. I'll keep carrying my G43.

However, I wanted to give the gun another try now that Sig says they've worked out the bugs. This new gun has a born on date of October 19, 2018.

I still like the x-ray sights. I once said they are the best factory sights and I maintain that today.

the 10 round mags still have a hot spot that causes a spot on the palm of my hand, but I'll sand down the corners on the mags as I did with my first one and it will be fine.

I'll keep y'all posted on how this sample does. I'm still pissed at Sig for making design changes to the gun and not offering original buyers a chance to get their guns fixed, so I'm still hoping Glock or S&W releases their own version at SHOT this in January.

So, we'll see if this gun makes me happy or if I'll remain a hater.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I call dibs when you put it up for sale Razz

Seriously, hope it works out for you this time.

Posts: 23371 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I hope if this one doesn't satisfy you that you won't blame me. Big Grin Recognize that it does have a specific purpose and don't expect more than that. I carry a 1911. When I'm going to the doctor's office or somewhere I want to be more discreet, I'll carry my P365. A side benefit is I weigh less. Razz

Your car will start hundreds of times and get you to your destination. You probably won't get rid of it the first time the battery dies.

There's people who like to say it may be 'life or death'. Probably the same odds as getting run over in a crosswalk. The odds are still much in your favor the P365 will perform as intended.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
lol az, it's not your "fault" man Big Grin

I'm just genuinely curious if I can get behind the gun. I'm going to shoot it a bunch and see how it does.

I really do want to love it. I just don't like the Sig conducts business at all.

posted Hide Post
Hope it works out. I have one born in Oct also with striker drag, but flawless non the least. I need a 12rd magazine now!

Posts: 272 | Registered: April 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Here’s to an open mind and honest review sir!!!

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Es,

You have your EDC X9 to carry. You don't need the Sig Smile

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Your car will start hundreds of times and get you to your destination. You probably won't get rid of it the first time the battery dies.

Interesting analogy, but I’m not sure it’s entirely analagous in the way you’re trying to frame it. Batteries and gas get expended. They’re not designed by the car manufacturer. A car battery could be analagous to ammunition, which, yeah there’s apparently specially designed ammo for the 365.

Beyond all that, the whole analogy falls apart. It’s a carry gun. It needs to go bang when the trigger is pulled. That’s really about it. I’m not combat driving in Somalia so I don’t necessarily care if my car doesn’t kick over on the first key turn. Any firearm I carry to defend myself is held to an entirely different standard, and rightfully so.

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Es,

lol, I've got the EDC X9 as we speak. I really wish they'd make it in like a 12 round capacity with a slightly shorter barrel.

I carry appendix and would love such an animal.

I left my ID and CCW at the gun store yesterday when I bought it, so I have to go there today to get them back.

I've got a 600 hundred rounds of ammo and the P365 in the range bag with a couple other new guns I haven't shot yet.

Not sure how many will be put through the 365, but I'll report back. I also have my G43 with me for a side by side comparison shooting.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It's Wilson. Ask, and they'll do it for you custom (for enough money.)

quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Es,

lol, I've got the EDC X9 as we speak. I really wish they'd make it in like a 12 round capacity with a slightly shorter barrel.

I carry appendix and would love such an animal.

I left my ID and CCW at the gun store yesterday when I bought it, so I have to go there today to get them back.

I've got a 600 hundred rounds of ammo and the P365 in the range bag with a couple other new guns I haven't shot yet.

Not sure how many will be put through the 365, but I'll report back. I also have my G43 with me for a side by side comparison shooting.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for your review! I still haven't brought myself to buy one. My 19 or M&P 9c 3.6" is still my favorite ...

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for my FFL to get one in stock at a price I consider reasonable (don't ask, that's his take). So, I keep reading. I've held one, and yes, it's a remarkably small pistol.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My battery is charged continually in operation by my alternator. Both are testable for condition and both can be replaced preemptively with advance warning based on state of charge, capacity, wear, and other factors. Neither my battery nor alternator pose a threat of failure in a gunfight.

I don't let my battery get to the point of failure. I check it, service it, load test it, and replace it pre-emptively based on the conditions of analysis, which includes elecrolytic analysis and specific gravity.

Which of those tests, or any other, might one conduct as part of routine, ongoing maintenance on the P365? I can test and maintain my battery to prevent it dying and leaving me stranded. What can I do to ensure that the striker on the P365, or trigger spring, will not fail, particularly at the most critical time?

I entirely reject the notion that it's not important because the "odds are small" that it will fail at a critical time, or that it will will never be needed.

If indeed that's true, then there is no reason to carry in the first place. Think.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I was getting a sore trigger finger after extended range sessions, so mine is sitting in the safe waiting for GGI to release their flat trigger. After that, I'll get back to putting more rounds through it. It's been fine for ~450 rds since it was sent back for an extraction issue.

I kinda want to get my hands on a Foxtrot light, too.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

My battery is charged continually in operation by my alternator. Both are testable for condition and both can be replaced preemptively with advance warning based on state of charge, capacity, wear, and other factors. Neither my battery nor alternator pose a threat of failure in a gunfight.

I don't let my battery get to the point of failure. I check it, service it, load test it, and replace it pre-emptively based on the conditions of analysis, which includes elecrolytic analysis and specific gravity.

Which of those tests, or any other, might one conduct as part of routine, ongoing maintenance on the P365? I can test and maintain my battery to prevent it dying and leaving me stranded. What can I do to ensure that the striker on the P365, or trigger spring, will not fail, particularly at the most critical time?

I entirely reject the notion that it's not important because the "odds are small" that it will fail at a critical time, or that it will will never be needed.

If indeed that's true, then there is no reason to carry in the first place. Think.

I gave it some thought. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. You certainly like to express yours a lot, all of which I chose to ignore. Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
I was getting a sore trigger finger after extended range sessions, so mine is sitting in the safe waiting for GGI to release their flat trigger. After that, I'll get back to putting more rounds through it. It's been fine for ~450 rds since it was sent back for an extraction issue.

I kinda want to get my hands on a Foxtrot light, too.

I had this same problem...the gun was pinching my trigger finger something fierce. The grip is too small for my hands, and I was unable to get a solid grip purchase on it. Somebody on here suggested a Hogue Handall Jr grip sleeve. I didn't really want to do that as I like the factory grip texture on the P365 a lot, but for $7, I figured I could afford to give it a shot. The sleeve gave the gun just enough girth that I can now achieve a firm grip, and the pinching has been completely eliminated.

I'm amazed how accurate this little gun is (now that I'm not flinching every shot!), and the X-ray sights really help with fast target acquisition.

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

I have thought about it extensively and still disagree. The risk of getting into a gunfight and the risk of your striker breaking are both small and independent of each other. The risk of the striker breaking during a gunfight must be multiplied by the risk of being in one in the first place to matter.

Pick whatever numbers you want, but the risk of those two things in combination is ridiculously small.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5110033944

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I had this same problem...the gun was pinching my trigger finger something fierce. The grip is too small for my hands, and I was unable to get a solid grip purchase on it. Somebody on here suggested a Hogue Handall Jr grip sleeve. I didn't really want to do that as I like the factory grip texture on the P365 a lot, but for $7, I figured I could afford to give it a shot. The sleeve gave the gun just enough girth that I can now achieve a firm grip, and the pinching has been completely eliminated.

I'm actually not having a pinching issue. It's more that the lower curve of the trigger rubs against the underside of my trigger finger during recoil. I only really notice it when I'm trying to run through like 300 rounds in a session, which I was doing testing the extraction problem and again after I got it back.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talking about P365's and batteries...

I'm still waiting for... FLAWLESS P365 reviews with no issues reported... from... every buyer! This will be an EDC pistol and quite frankly, I'm not looking for any problems at all!

Just replaced my 84 Month Toyota TruStart 27F battery in my V8 4Runner after five years.

Local Toyota folks sold me a new 84 Month battery for what I paid five years ago. Good deal! 45% off everyday price.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post