SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Source for P320 Mag Catch and Subcompact Base Plates
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for P320 Mag Catch and Subcompact Base Plates Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted
I recently decided to try out a subcompact grip module for my P320 carry. I found a great deal on a "medium" (which it appears Sig has discontinued) through CDNN, so I jumped on it, along with a subcompact magazine. Unfortunately, I didn't pay close attention, and the reason it was such a good deal appears to be that the grip module doesn't come with a mag catch. The mag came with an extended baseplate, which I don't want and is not what was pictured on their site.

No big deal, I thought...I'll just order a new baseplate and mag catch. Unfortunately, it looks like nobody...and I mean nobody...sells the factory parts. The mag is the old style with the round hole in the baseplate...I took a cutoff wheel and sandpaper to the baseplate, and while the results aren't perfect, it'll work. I'd still like to find the correct factory version. Brownells appears to carry all the parts for the mag catch, but they're out of stock on the catch itself as well as the spring. Top Gun Supply has some aftermarket offerings but not the factory variety, and Sig doesn't appear to offer the part through their website at all. It's a bit frustrating that parts for a current production handgun are so difficult to track down. Does anybody have any idea where I can source these items?

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
MGW is a good source for P320 parts.

https://www.midwestgunworks.co...auer-p320/parts.html

Factory mag base plates are very hard to find. If you can find what you need aftermarket, that may be your best bet.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thanks...MGW had all the mag catch stuff I need. I think with a little JB weld and sandpaper I can get the baseplate how I want it.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post