SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt Match Target Info Request
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt Match Target Info Request Login/Join 
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted
While doing some traveling I came across a 2nd Series Match Target. (Woodsmen, without the woodsmen name). I didn't look at serial numbers to properly date it, but am sure that it's a righteous 95% gun. What say the SigForum brain trust on a value. I"m comfortable in the 1750 range, just curious if any of you have realized that price, outside of blue book recommendations.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I had a 2nd generation Match Target, 6" and while its a different tool than S&W Model 41 or a High Standard, it is a sweet target pistol. I never put the little bore Rugers in the same catagory with the above mentioned pistols, for my own reasons. The Match Targets are all over the board for price. I would expect one at $ 1,750.00 to be in very fine condition with its proper box and extras. I like the 6" gun best but the 4" has a huge following.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at about 6 at the fredricksburg gunshow. Now i am not a very knowlegeavle person in them.

4 were in the 900's. No box or papers 85% or better condition.

One was 1100 no box or papers,

One was 1250 damn near unfired box papers

I considered buying one to go with my 2nd series target woodsman. I then though about the two pistols i have out for work.

Colt 22lrs including woodsmans have come down off their high value points considerably in the 3 uears i have been in virginia. I think now would be a good rime to buy, even if the value slides south a bit more for a while. You would have first pick of the nicer examples.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
This is a 6" gun with all the original packaging and paperwork.

Thanks for the info gentleman, I'll see if I can work it out.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It's a beautiful pistol to shoot. Mine had the heavy 6" barrel and left grip panel wore a mild thumb rest. You can adjust to the somewhat slanted grip frame and it has nice balance. Very accurate and the trigger, unlike a wide serrated target trigger is narrow but breaks nicely. Good quality sights, all steel with classy bluing. I dont think they have been made sinse the '70s or early '80s.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
looking at completed auctions on gunbroker, they are all over the place, price wise, (various models, narrowed down to 6" )

1750 seems a bit high retail,

would need more details to narrow it down a bit

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
This is a 6" gun with all the original packaging and paperwork.

Thanks for the info gentleman, I'll see if I can work it out.

All the above were 6" i did not pay attention to 4"

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post