SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P232 Variant question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P232 Variant question Login/Join 
Picture of billinaz
posted
I have a P232 that I am going to sell and I want to be sure I am giving out the right information.

The box says P232-380-BSS

There is no SL on the slide.

Im sure I know why this looks like this, but I am looking through my receipts....

There is no way this is a stainless steel model right?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: billinaz,

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC, BSS is blackened stainless steel. Basically the nitrided stainless steel slide. Not the SL model. So to me, if it’s stainless finish, with a BSS box matching the serial, my guess would be someone blasted it to get to the stainless.

The other option is your box isn’t matching to the pistol. If the model is on the box, I’d assume the serial is too, does that match the pistol?

It’s also possible there’s another explanation, I’m 5 manhattans deep!

ETA: actually it just dawned on me that BSS actually means blued/blackened with night sights. Anyway, again, check if the serial on the box matches the pistol.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
That is one good looking P232 with a much better grip than the factory...

How much you gonna ask for it?

Only one mag?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I am having trouble reconciling your text, photo, and the box label. First of all, SIG stopped stamping SL on its guns many years ago. Your P232 has the US-made version of the slide and is a late model P232. I owned one similar to it.

As to your photo: the gun appears silver in color. Is it, or is it black? I ask this rediculous question because "BSS" means black with SIGlite night sights. I owned an all stainless steel version and the factory code was just "S".

If your gun is stainless steel with SIGlites, the code should read "SSS".

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sure looks like a stainless steel gun to me.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On another site he says this pistol was NP3 plated by Robar.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:

Eek Eek Eek

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:

Eek Eek Eek

He says the same thing in the classified section here link

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uhh....I was referring to the post on Jan 9 10:20 PM...if you care about time line. So forget about the posts on another forum but they are still there.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Hello... Anybody heard of a magnet?
Take the grips off the gun. See if a magnet sticks to the frame.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
Hello... Anybody heard of a magnet?
Take the grips off the gun. See if a magnet sticks to the frame.

The gun comes in two frame variations - stainless and aluminum - so the magnet to the frame will prove nothing.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Really?
Stainless steel frame = magnet sticks.
NP3 plated aluminum frame = magnet will not stick.

MWC, exactly how many SIG pistols do you personally own with stainless frames?
I assure you, a magnet will stick to a SIG German or American manufactured stainless frame.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Genorogers

Sorry, I was not very clear. I was attempting to point out the fact that the OP started this thread implying that he did not know what kind of finish was on his P232 and then a day later puts it up for sale in the classifieds with a detailed description including a receipt showing the work done by Robar.

This at least implies to me that he knew what he had all along and was just trying to drum up interest in his (future) for sale post in what I consider a somewhat shady manner.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
Genorogers

Sorry, I was not very clear. I was attempting to point out the fact that the OP started this thread implying that he did not know what kind of finish was on his P232 and then a day later puts it up for sale in the classifieds with a detailed description including a receipt showing the work done by Robar.

This at least implies to me that he knew what he had all along and was just trying to drum up interest in his (future) for sale post in what I consider a somewhat shady manner.

No problem. That's the way I took it also.