SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MecGar fifteen round magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MecGar fifteen round magazines Login/Join 
posted
Any opinions of the MecGar fifteen round magazines for the SIG 228? Are they reliable in a 1990's era 228? Thanks and be safe.

Posts: 24 | Registered: December 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Trust them with my life.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
MecGar magazines for any Sig are excellent!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK maybe you could subtract the 227 14 rounder's, but otherwise you are correct.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
OK maybe you could subtract the 227 14 rounder's, but otherwise you are correct.

He he.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, based on my first carry gun experience with a Para P13, double stack .45 is a tough nut to crack. That is one heavy ammo column.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I have not used Mec-gars in that gun but many others, they are very good.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I have a few MecGar magazines, but only one of the 15 rounders for the 228/229. Neither this, nor any other MecGars I've used, ever failed in any way...

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. I assumed as much, but wanted to double check. I had similar experiences with MecGar magazines before my agency transition to polymer, but wanted to make sure. Thanks and be safe.

Posts: 24 | Registered: December 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I had like twenty of them at one point, and only sold the ones I have because I moved from my P228 to a P229 Legion as my carry platform. Zero issues.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post