SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P320 Manual Safety in wild
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
New P320 Manual Safety in wild Login/Join 
Member
Picture of 3/4Flap
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
Awesome pictures! Thanks


Ditto.

Thanks very much.


**********************
"For certainly no legislation can be supposed more wholesome and necessary in the founding of a free, self-governing commonwealth, fit to take rank as one of the coordinate States of the Union, than that which seeks to establish it on the basis of the idea of the family, as consisting in and springing from the union for life of one man and one woman in the holy estate of matrimony"; United States Supreme Court Ruling, Murphy v. Ramsey 1885.
The hardest trail leads to the highest peak.
"A liberal is a person whose immediate interests are not at stake."
 
Posts: 4531 | Location: Idaho, USA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
We all know Sig has stated that they would not sell the gun commercially until they had a large contract


Not true. Ma compliant have a manual safety as one requirement.


If I recall, the "large contract" verbaige was pretty common knowledge. Some think this could be in reference to Sig potentially replacing the M9 as guidelines stipulate a modular firearm with a safety. FWIW, the Sig website states the manual safety would be an option for LE. The master dealer I purchased from confirmed the large contract verbiage as well as stated that these were as result of a large Mass law enforcement agency order for this config; ergo large contract.

On the surface, this fits the LE note from the website and the large contract verbiage. Yes, being a Mass gun it would require a safety as well as the Mass-hole in the top of the barrel. As of right now, these are not on the Sig website as a standard model and the current config is the only config offered with a manual safety. If there are any additional details that have been missed, please don't hesitate to share.
 
Posts: 377 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
How do you like the trigger? Any difference from a non manual safety P320?

quote:
Originally posted by gordynismo:
My compact arrived at my FFL today and I picked it up a lunch. I took some pics of the frame and FCU. It does not look like it will not be that tough to remove material in order to accommodate the manual safety into anotherframe. Once you get the hang of removing the FCU, it comes out and goes back in pretty quick and easy. I will probably use my 20% off coupon for registering to order a subcompact exchange kit.













 
Posts: 371 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWMP:
How do you like the trigger? Any difference from a non manual safety P320?


I have not shot or dry fired a non-manual safety P320. Out of decades of firearms ownership, this is only my second striker fired gun. The first was a G19. The grip angle was to much so I sold it. I hope to go to the range later this morning and put 200 rounds through it.

Earlier this week I ordered a subcompact x-change kit, 2 15 round compact mags and 2 xgrip adapters. I asked the CS rep when and if Sig would produce frames for manual safety models and he did not think anytime soon if ever.

One thing I noticed is the front sight is a #6. I don't know why since it is a 9mm. I would assume it should be a #8. I asked about the sights on the subcompact kit and was told they were #8's and night sights.
 
Posts: 377 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H-Man:

... us civilians aren't allowed to own any Glock's made prior to 1998 which means only Gen I's and Gen II's are legal here.

Don't you mean "after 1998"?

I'm not interested in a manual safety, but I am interested in 10-round magazines being available for all the various 320 sizes, being a resident of the People's Republik of New York. I'm hoping that the existence of a MA-legal version means that these mags will become available.
 
Posts: 364 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
I'm very curious about this model. I wonder, aside from the safety levers themselves, if any of the FCU parts differ from the standard 320? It looks like the slide release lever is shaped differently, and the frame is kinda built up around the slide release tab.

I'm pretty ignorant about the specifics of the 320 firing mechanism, but my main concern here would be committing to a pistol with unique parts that would be difficult to source. If I can modify a regular grip frame to work, that'd be fine. But I wonder about what else in there is just ever so slightly different than other 320s...


"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein
 
Posts: 440 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:

I'm not interested in a manual safety, but I am interested in 10-round magazines being available for all the various 320 sizes, being a resident of the People's Republik of New York. I'm hoping that the existence of a MA-legal version means that these mags will become available.


I have a 10 rounder for a compact still in the sealed bag. Email me if you are interested. Sig has the 10 round mags in their store. The CS rep i spoke to earlier this week stated they had ample stock. Now getting a 15 round for a compact is like finding gold. They are the most popular mags the sell for the P320


quote:
Originally posted by JoeyBones7:
I'm very curious about this model. I wonder, aside from the safety levers themselves, if any of the FCU parts differ from the standard 320? It looks like the slide release lever is shaped differently, and the frame is kinda built up around the slide release tab.

I'm pretty ignorant about the specifics of the 320 firing mechanism, but my main concern here would be committing to a pistol with unique parts that would be difficult to source. If I can modify a regular grip frame to work, that'd be fine. But I wonder about what else in there is just ever so slightly different than other 320s...



I agree, I would hate to go into this with one of the most modular guns around and not be able to utilize the modularity. In a quick comparison, (via pics online) I don't see any difference other than the MS. The built up area around the slide release is only on the compact frame from what I can tell. When I get the exchange kit I will cut out the area for the MS and give it a try and will create a new post to document. Per a representative at the Sig booth at the Texas Firearms Festival this morning, they will not be making any frames for MS P320s anytime soon. I also found out that the reason my gun has a #6 front sight is that all guns are test tired and it was shooting low and as a result the changed the sight to a #6.
 
Posts: 377 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gordynismo:
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:

I'm not interested in a manual safety, but I am interested in 10-round magazines being available for all the various 320 sizes, being a resident of the People's Republik of New York. I'm hoping that the existence of a MA-legal version means that these mags will become available.


I have a 10 rounder for a compact still in the sealed bag. Email me if you are interested. Sig has the 10 round mags in their store. The CS rep i spoke to earlier this week stated they had ample stock. Now getting a 15 round for a compact is like finding gold. They are the most popular mags the sell for the P320


quote:
Originally posted by JoeyBones7:
I'm very curious about this model. I wonder, aside from the safety levers themselves, if any of the FCU parts differ from the standard 320? It looks like the slide release lever is shaped differently, and the frame is kinda built up around the slide release tab.

I'm pretty ignorant about the specifics of the 320 firing mechanism, but my main concern here would be committing to a pistol with unique parts that would be difficult to source. If I can modify a regular grip frame to work, that'd be fine. But I wonder about what else in there is just ever so slightly different than other 320s...



I agree, I would hate to go into this with one of the most modular guns around and not be able to utilize the modularity. In a quick comparison, (via pics online) I don't see any difference other than the MS. The built up area around the slide release is only on the compact frame from what I can tell. When I get the exchange kit I will cut out the area for the MS and give it a try and will create a new post to document. Per a representative at the Sig booth at the Texas Firearms Festival this morning, they will not be making any frames for MS P320s anytime soon. I also found out that the reason my gun has a #6 front sight is that all guns are test tired and it was shooting low and as a result the changed the sight to a #6.


Thanks very much. I'll look forward to reading about your experience modifying the new grip frame.

I'm curious to see if there's any other Dremel cutting or sanding you'll need to do *inside* the frame in order to accommodate the MS variant of the FCU. I mean in addition to the obvious slot you'll need to cut on the sides.


"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein
 
Posts: 440 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gordynismo:

I have a 10 rounder for a compact still in the sealed bag. Email me if you are interested. Sig has the 10 round mags in their store.

Thanks, but I don't have a P320 yet. The last time I looked, they didn't list 10-round magazines for the compact or sub-compact. That fact made me hold off on buying one. Now I'm seriously thinking about it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: toivo,
 
Posts: 364 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
To JoeBones7:

I'm at work and can't email you, but I'm interested in the 10 round compact mag you have. I will email you after midnight when I get home. Thank you.


John

'Technically, It Is Not Illegal To Be Illegal In Massachusetts' ...MA Att. Gen. Martha Coakley
 
Posts: 1660 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
To JoeBones7:

I'm at work and can't email you, but I'm interested in the 10 round compact mag you have. I will email you after midnight when I get home. Thank you.


I don't have a 320 or any mags. An earlier poster misquoted a multi quoted post and attributed Gordy's offer to me

Confusing, I know... But you want to email Gordy about the mag.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JoeyBones7,


"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein
 
Posts: 440 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyBones7:

I don't have a 320 or any mags. An earlier poster misquoted a multi quoted post and attributed Gordy's offer to me

That was me -- sorry about that. I fixed it.
 
Posts: 364 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I was at the Sig Pro Shop two weeks ago and they had 10 round 9mm P320 Compact mags in stock so I picked up two. I asked about exchange kits for the P320 with the manual safety but the Pro Shop staff had no date as to availability. So right now it looks like the 320 Compacts with the MA complaint manual safety are orphans and might be orphans for quite a while.
 
Posts: 44 | Registered: May 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I have a full size and carry size Sig P320, for me I can do without a safety on my carry guns and for sure on just a house or range gun, I spent years with just a revolver, no safety's on a revolver, at least the ones I own, I do have a couple striker fired guns with safety's a S&W M&P COMPACT 9mm, and a FNS 9 MM, both are great guns, but I find that I won't carry them because of the safety, for those that find a safety reassuring, or their State requires them, then I'm with you, it should be what we want as a EDC and feel safe with, I guess what I'm getting at here, is I feel safe carrying my striker fired guns that are without a safety, in all my years I have never felt I was being risky or unsafe, as I also did when carrying a revolver, I believe safety begins and ends with with the person behind the gun, at least IMHO...


NRA, SASS, NCOWS
 
Posts: 158 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I just placed an order for a P320 Compact with a Manual Safety.
Already have two P320s in 9mm, one Compact and one Tacops. Both great.
1911 guy and have been wanting a P320 Manual Safety for sometime.
Should be here this week, more to follow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AWMP,
 
Posts: 371 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWMP:
I just placed an order for a P320 Compact with a Manual Safety.
Already have two P320s in 9mm, one Compact and one Tacops. Both great.
1911 guy and have been wanting a P320 Manual Safety for sometime.
Should be here this week, more to follow.


I normally carry a P238 and before that a Kimber Ultra Carry. I will alternate between the P238 and P320 and I want the muscle memory to be the same with both. I am considering the Apex trigger and wondered if anyone had any opintions.
 
Posts: 377 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
Anybody get a chance to fire this pistol yet, or investigate the details of the interchangeability with modified standard grip modules?

I'm fighting the temptation to buy one...


"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein
 
Posts: 440 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyBones7:
Anybody get a chance to fire this pistol yet, or investigate the details of the interchangeability with modified standard grip modules?

I'm fighting the temptation to buy one...


I ordered my subcompact kit two Wednesdays ago...wont be here until next Tuesday. I was not aware Sig shipped Fed Ex post. I have a few ideas on how I will mark and make the cuts but until I get the parts in hand they are just ideas. I have put 280 rounds through my compact and all issue free. I did notice after the first hundred round the trigger did smooth a little.
 
Posts: 377 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
quote:
Originally posted by H-Man:

... us civilians aren't allowed to own any Glock's made prior to 1998 which means only Gen I's and Gen II's are legal here.

Don't you mean "after 1998"?

I'm not interested in a manual safety, but I am interested in 10-round magazines being available for all the various 320 sizes, being a resident of the People's Republik of New York. I'm hoping that the existence of a MA-legal version means that these mags will become available.

I can't speak for the other calibers, but 10 round 9mm magazines are available in full-size, compact, and subcompact. Just call Sig Sauer CS and they'll hook you up. They may have to order them, but they'll get them to you and not charge your card until they ship.
 
Posts: 2104 | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gordynismo:
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyBones7:
Anybody get a chance to fire this pistol yet, or investigate the details of the interchangeability with modified standard grip modules?

I'm fighting the temptation to buy one...


I ordered my subcompact kit two Wednesdays ago...wont be here until next Tuesday. I was not aware Sig shipped Fed Ex post. I have a few ideas on how I will mark and make the cuts but until I get the parts in hand they are just ideas. I have put 280 rounds through my compact and all issue free. I did notice after the first hundred round the trigger did smooth a little.


How satisfied are you with the usability and ergonomics of the manual safety? It looks pretty well done, but I'm just curious if you have any thoughts.

Thanks!


"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein
 
Posts: 440 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P320 Manual Safety in wild

© SIGforum 2017