SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Copperhead Discreet Carry Bag
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Copperhead Discreet Carry Bag Login/Join 
posted
Just ordered a Copperhead and wonder if anyone has recommendations for a discreet carry bag. I called Sig and the rep apologized that they did not have one.

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have this one for an MCX and I’m happy with it. It may be larger than you need and smaller is usually better for being discreet, but it’s not bad, especially as it has none of the giveaways such as extra pouches or MOLLE attachment points on the outside. I also prefer the gray color versus black or tan for the same reason.

Welcome to the forum, BTW. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I carry a Rattler in a Vertx sling bag when traveling. It’s not a cheap bag but it’s well made and versatile.

I’ve tried a few other bags out, I like the Sneaky Bags also but the regular sling pack looking nature of the Vertx looks better so I’ve relegated the SBs to range use only.

Let us know what you decide, I’m a geardo for bags.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maxpedition has several options with high quality bags. I travel with a larger one to the Philippines a few times.

https://www.maxpedition.com/co...?variant=28179368081

https://www.maxpedition.com/pr...?variant=38601450641

https://www.maxpedition.com/pr...?variant=38601450641

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of those "discreet" bags scream "THERES A GUN IN HERE!"

I've been looking at musicians cases. They have soft sided cases for violins, saxophones... That fit an AR, a gear bag for baseball equipment, tennis rackets / racquet (whichever you prefer) can fit an AR as well. You have something shorter, and a regular looking backpack can conceal one. Yet, doesn't scream "THERES A GUN IN HERE!"

https://www.amazon.com/Protec-...285&s=gateway&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.com/FINO-Pr...&sr=8-22-spons&psc=1

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Not really a bag, but pretty discrete.

https://www.dillonprecision.co...nner_8_14_23863.html

My 26 year old niece carries her handgun in a repurposed diaper bag. That probably won’t work for a man, in an office environment.

Wink

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have a buddy that carries a pistol AK in a tennis racquet cover

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Sneaky Bags.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Nice first post.

Have you thought of a canvas or leather messenger bag?

Everyone has them nowadays and no one would suspect you have a firearm.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
An orange Ukelele case handles my Serbu Shorty perfectly!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Nice first post.

Have you thought of a canvas or leather messenger bag?

Everyone has them nowadays and no one would suspect you have a firearm.

Thanks for all the replies. I have a cordura messenger bag from 5.11 which may work. I have several bags and pouches which work fine for a handgun and I have one for an AR pistol. The Copperhead is so small, I was trying to find something not much bigger than it is. I guess I will just wait to get it in my hands.

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My suppressed 300blk pistol fits in a Wilson bag.

Very discreet. Well the armor probably gives it away.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Nike Bat Bag for my ARs and Prince Tennis Racquet bag for my AK underfolder.

(Old Pics)

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
My suppressed 300blk pistol fits in a Wilson bag.

Very discreet. Well the armor probably gives it away.

Chowser

What's the barrel length on your pistol?
Have you shot it unsuppressed?

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
7.5” PSA nitrided upper. Sandman-K suppressor. I have shot it unsuppressed. No issues suppressed or unsuppressed. Subsonic and supersonic.
I’ve used the upper on our select fire lowers at work and had no issues doing a subsonic mag dump.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the max range you could use it at accurately?

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Our outdoor range is 100 meters. I have no issues hitting plates at that distance. I haven’t made it to a bigger range. I’m primarily using this as an up close and personal gun. My work rifle is a 10.5” 5.56 and I have no issues either. Using Hornady 75gr TAP SBR in 5.56 and Hornady 190gr TAP in 300blk.

I have no issues hitting the plates with my issued Glock 31 either.

I have a blue Bulldog discreet bag as well but I like the Wilson bags and have a few.

I have an AAC 9” SBR in 300blk with the AAC 762SDN6 that I’m waiting for approval on to use in my car instead of the 5.56. I currently use the 762SDN6 on my work rifle.

Not minority enough!

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
This is what i am using - a leftover from my photo days.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c...8fBhnXhoC_OoQAvD_BwE

A much cheaper alternative.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c...ded_Tripod_Case.html

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post