SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone have the Glock G40 MOS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have the Glock G40 MOS Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I'm wondering how this compares with the G20 shooting. I owned a G20 some years ago but sold it when I was downsizing.

I've often considered a long slide 10mm both in a 1911 and some custom long slide 10mm Glocks before this came out.

My FFL has one in stock.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I have a G40 MOS. Great shooting gun. Very similar to the G20 except for the longer sight radius. That longer sight radius keeps me from trying a red dot on it. The red dot would nullify the advantage of the gun. I have a 40 cal conversion barrel for it. The most comfortable 40 you’ll ever shoot!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Yes, with an RMR on it. I like it a lot. The RMR takes some getting used to, but once I find the dot, my transitions between targets are faster.
Shooting it side by side with my G20, I can hear more ring and see more swing from my steel targets. And it really soaks up the recoil.

Dc54: I have a 40 conversion for my G20 pistols and would like one for my G40....but what I’d really like is a 357SIG barrel for the G40. Can’t seem to find one , though.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a G40 MOS since early last summer. I've put about 600 rounds through it. I find the recoil to be quite manageable and accuracy is very good. I've done most of the shooting, so far, with a Delta Point Pro installed but I plan to remove the optic and spend some time shooting with iron sights. I was a long time deciding to try a 10mm pistol but now that I have one I plan to keep it. I chose the G40 over other possibilities because all my other semiauto pistols are now Glocks, and because of the 6" barrel and magazine capacity. Finding a leather belt holster took a bit of searching but I settled on a Don Hume 726 sized for a G20/21. I've been very happy with the G40.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Similar setup to dc54, threaded .40 S&W barrel for suppressor use. Recoil, even with the heavy Underwood loads is quite manageable.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just put one on layaway a few days ago, but haven't shot one. Every other Glock I own is the same; I don't expect much different here. I have no plans to put electronic sights on it, but will swap out for Trijicon HD's.

I like the barrel length, and capacity, and see it as a .41 wannabe for outdoors, mostly, with better capacity and ease.

I have a G29 which is fine, feels just like a G30. The added barrel and velocity of the G40 should be good, and this one was used with zero visible wear. Still had the copper antiseize from Glock, and came with extra magazines and an aftermarket barrel. I couldn't say no.

quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

Dc54: I have a 40 conversion for my G20 pistols and would like one for my G40....but what I’d really like is a 357SIG barrel for the G40. Can’t seem to find one , though.

I would think finding magazines would be the problem, wouldn't it? Unless running the .40 or .357 out of the G20 magazine. Seems like with the added overall magazine length that might be an issue.

I have a .357 kkm barrel in a G35 which works really well.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy the G40. The 10mm is a great round in this gun. I like the Sig brand 180gr FMJ and the Hornady 180gr hp. The Federal American Eagle is more money and lower velocity.

I bought it with the intent of putting a Trijicon on it but I got my wife started in 22’s and red dots so I’ve not put a dot on it yet.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You shouldn't be disappointed.

If you use a light, you will not have to clean it much. The 40 MOS is a good suppressor host. Also, I'm running a muzzle brake for the 10mm and it makes it even smoother. Added a Salient flat trigger also.

The best thing I have done with the 40 MOS is convert it to .38 Super. Running a Burris optic that came with it as a package deal. Kriss Vector mag extensions can be modified to run 10mm and .38 Super.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I love mine. It is a real nice shooting pistol. I added a red dot and Dawson co-witness tall fiber optic sights. I have an Alaskan chest rig for carry and bought it for when I visit Alaska. Many professional guides use that combination. It is a ringing endorsement.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I have one and love it. I installed a KKM stainless barrel, Trijicon night sights. It is a blast to shoot. Very flat shooting, easy to hit steel plates at 80 yards.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have one also with a KKM. Boring accurate and great "reach out and touch" shooter!! Love my 10mms!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Just put one on layaway a few days ago, but haven't shot one. Every other Glock I own is the same; I don't expect much different here. I have no plans to put electronic sights on it, but will swap out for Trijicon HD's.

I like the barrel length, and capacity, and see it as a .41 wannabe for outdoors, mostly, with better capacity and ease.

I have a G29 which is fine, feels just like a G30. The added barrel and velocity of the G40 should be good, and this one was used with zero visible wear. Still had the copper antiseize from Glock, and came with extra magazines and an aftermarket barrel. I couldn't say no.

quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

I would think finding magazines would be the problem, wouldn't it? Unless running the .40 or .357 out of the G20 magazine. Seems like with the added overall magazine length that might be an issue.

I have a .357 kkm barrel in a G35 which works really well.

I've had zero trouble feeding 40SW out of the G20/40 mags. I don't foresee any issues with 357SIG. I would think the bottle neck design would even aid feeding.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran the G40 to the range this afternoon. Just one box of armscor 10mm range ammo (everywhere else seemed closed). easy shooting with that ammunition, easy to keep everything in a small circle. I had one box of grizzly hard cast lead that made a bit more noise with a little more muzzle flip, but otherwise easy to control, easy to keep on target. My palm was a bit red after, but it's going to be a great out-and-about pistol when hiking, etc.

There was an issue loading from the magazine, initially, and I don't know why. The first three rounds stopped on the ramp when slingshotting from a locked-back position. After that, it shot fine. I put the same rounds back in the mag and they fired fine too; no issues after that.

posted Hide Post
I have the Glock 29 which is the compact version and it’s not bad at all to shoot. You know the power is there but it’s very controllable. I imagine the G40 is a pussy cat

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My G29 feels different (and sounds different) than my G30. The G40 feels like more push than flip; it's well balanced and I like the barrel length.

posted Hide Post
just picked one up two weeks ago & took it to the range last week - very pleasant shooting & accurate - can't compare it to the 20 though - last 10 I had was S&W 1006 when those came out

Steve

Posts: 14 | Registered: March 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
I got to shoot a G40 with an RMR while attending the Glock Instructor Workshop. After shooting the other Glock 10mms, the only thing I can comment on is that it would depend on the load used when asking about handling. The hot loads are handled well, with some muzzle flip.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post