SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody still carry a Kahr PM9?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody still carry a Kahr PM9? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Occasionally I'll carry a PM9 in a pocket for a quick run somewhere. But the P365 handles 95%+ of those duties today!

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ogive40
posted Hide Post
If you dont feel confident stripping the gun down yourself, than $200 is reasonable if you will put it back into rotation. Else sell it with full disclosure or its just a paperweight.

"The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental."
John Steinbeck

Posts: 2230 | Location: NJ | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I had a K9 that I just loved, but that gun just didn't love me. I couldn't get used to that DAO trigger.

The head instructor at my PD range still carries a PM 45 as his OD Gun. But he cut his teeth on a long DAO pull.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PM9, no. I do have several Kahrs, mostly polymer, and a steel K40. I spent a couple of years really trying to like the P40, which had endless problems. It went back to Kahr several times, with a fair amount of replacement, never any improvement. The biggest beef was that the slide never seemed to return fully forward. Kahr had it several times, once for over half a year, and lost it, claimed to have never received it, eventually found it, said there was nothing wrong with it, then replaced multiple parts, and sent it back.

It fired out of battery on the first magazine, blowing out the side of the pistol, blowing the magazine out, and burning my hand and face.

Barrel hood peening was a problem with the Kahrs; a real problem. Kahr replaced several barrels, but couldn't fix the problem. Failure to return to battery, and apparently firing out of battery were problems. The assembly pin falling out while firing was another problem.

I really wanted to like the Kahr, but multiple pistols (still have three or four, I think), and thousands of rounds, and multiple fix attempts by the factory, never could make them run. All types of ammunition, multiple shooters, the problems persisted.

The steel Kahr always ran 100%. I like it better in a 9mm, and meant to pick one up, but never did.

Now, with pocket pistols like the P365 and G43 available, it's hard to get too excited about the Kahrs. I really wanted them to work, but they never did.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I still own one but haven't carried it in close to six years. That is about when I got my 43.

I got a very good deal on it as a very lightly-used item back around 2012 and it never failed in any way. I liked carrying it and did so quite often. I have seen some recent examples of them and the slide cutting and engraving is not on the same level of quality as my older one- it's not even close, which is disappointing as mine is very pleasing aesthetically.It's a fine-looking slide.

I have thought about selling it many times but just can't seem to do it. I know it's there if I ever need a micro-9 for IWB (doubtful but you never know) or to stick in a pack.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
I have seen some recent examples of them and the slide cutting and engraving is not on the same level of quality as my older one- it's not even close, which is disappointing as mine is very pleasing aesthetically.It's a fine-looking slide.

Are you certain you weren’t looking at a CM9, those came out a few years ago with some cosmetic/manufacturing differences that translated into a lower price point for essentially the same pistol:

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Are you certain you weren’t looking at a CM9

Yes.

I've owned a CM9 as well, but sold that one here. My wife couldn't operate it consistently as the slide was very hard for her to rack.

That newer PM9 was definitely made to lower quality slide machining and marking. It looked far less fine than the one I own and was extremely over-priced to boot.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing, went from a PM9 to a P365, don't regret it one bit. Managed to trade the PM9 and a XD9 for a Kimber Pro Raptor.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post