SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Zastava M70 7.65mm Pistol - Anyone Ever Heard Of These?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zastava M70 7.65mm Pistol - Anyone Ever Heard Of These? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Saw these online on sale for around $250, sounds like a neat little pistol and I have a good stock of .32 ACP:

Zastava M70

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Marschal Grips.com, makes some fantastic wood grips for that pistol.

Changes it dramatically.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are two reviews by different people on full30.com.

The reviews were favorable.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
My apology, Marschal doesn't make grips for that model. I had it confused with the Radom P 64.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had one for about 15 yrs---that was the first and only batch---until these showed up again. It's a great little piece but a little hefty for a 32 acp, but, if you're into Cold War pistols, get it. Back when I got mine, there were no spare mags or police/military issue holsters available. The most recent arrivals come with an extra mag and holster so that's a bonus to have a complete rig. I lucked out and ran across someone who had two of those above mentioned holsters. He was kind enough to sell me one. Now all I need is a 2nd mag!

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
kaschi, if you're still around, how much room is there on the grip frame? Is it a "leave the pinky dangling" special? Do people tend to get cut by the slide cycling?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's definitely no getting cut by the slide. Gripping it reminds me a little of the way a Polish P-83 fits it your hand---if you've handled one, you'll know what I mean. As to the grip frame: it is a little on the short side. If you have a big hand, "a dangling pinky" (that's such a weird description to put in writing) is to be expected.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Roger on the Wanad, and thanks. I like Zastavas but I think I'll hold off on deciding to get one of these until I see it in the metal.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
One of those extensive reviews showed it had a nearly 8 lb trigger pull which seems a lot for a SAO.

The pistol is pretty small yet weighs in at 1 lb, 9 oz empty which is pretty heavy for that size.

Overall it seems like everyone who has one likes it. I love how it’s referred to as the “little bee” back home in the former Yugoslavia. Kind of like the “Noisy Cricket” from MIB? Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ofc.JR
posted Hide Post
Decent little pistols. Based upon the ubiquitous Tokarev design. Almost unbreakable. It is a single action design, so be aware of cocked and locked carry. Or condition 2 for a thumb wipe of the hammer upon draw. Check for firing pin length before you try condition 2.
Enjoy.

"Cry Havoc and let slip..."
"Sic Semper Tyrannis!!"

Posts: 46 | Location: High Plains of Texas | Registered: December 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Even though I posted in this thread, I quickly forgot about it. Fast forward to last week when I ordered one of these from Aim Surplus, for $269.95, including two magazines and a holster. It came in this past Monday. As expected, it is slathered with sticky preservative, so extensive cleaning is necessary. I completely disassembled and reassembled mine. Underneath the gunk is a pistol that appears to be unissued, with no rust or finish wear. There are a few light scratches, however.

I took it to my indoor range today and fired 100 rds of Fiocchi FMJ at 10 yards. Point of impact was about 4 inches high, but on center. All 100 rounds fed, fired, extracted, and ejected without issue using both provided magazines. My trigger pull measures just under 7½ lbs, so it is rather heavy.

For the price, this seems to be a geat deal. I am glad I decided to buy it.

M70Right1k by GaryBF, on Flickr

M70Left1k by GaryBF, on Flickr

1stTarget by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
GaryBF, how are you lining up your sight picture?

I think it may be your sight picture with those tiny sites and not the gun.

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:

The only way I know how: top of front sight blade level with the top of the rear sight notch. My POA is marked on the photo.

You started the thread, did you buy one?

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Meant for a 6 o'clock hold?

Posts: 5723 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Is cute.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Neat little pistol,I bought a used one for a widow friend for protection in home.
She could not work the action on a S/W model 36.
She can run this little thing.
Then I got a deal on two in factory grease[took K-1 to get that shift our of it]
Ammo is something you will need to order,not a thing you find to readily anywhere.
For $250.per copy,hell yes.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
quote:

The only way I know how: top of front sight blade level with the top of the rear sight notch. My POA is marked on the photo.

You started the thread, did you buy one?

I never did buy one, no.

So you used the sight picture on the left in this image? I always use the one on the right, but that would make your rounds hit even higher, wouldn't it? That's strange that you are hitting so high with fixed sights?

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
50 meter zero, maybe? I know its a .32, but stranger things have happened.