SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Gen II upgrades
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Gen II upgrades Login/Join 
posted
Just acquired a new P365 Gen II Did a complete take-down and examination. Here what I found

Slide firing pin hole has been beveled and appears slightly larger in dia.

New Firing Pin The base has a more shallow slope down to the pin

Firing pin spring appears to have been shorten by several coils

X=Ray sights installed

Protrusion of the trigger spring into the mag well is gone

Trigger return spring feels to have less tension
compared to Gen I

Overall fit and finish is perfect From my prospective My Gen II is good to go No hickup after 500 Rnds. mixes bag of brass alum. and steel casings.

Posts: 46 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: August 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see a lot of people referring to generations of the P365. The references don't seem to have any basis, and I'm not aware of Sig issuing a "gen II" P365.

Some people are calling their P365 a "gen III or even later...

How is a "gen II" being defined?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
My new 365 BOD 24 June still has a protruding TRS. FYI

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought one built on 6-16 and it has the new firing pin but a little protrusion of the TRS.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I see a lot of people referring to generations of the P365. The references don't seem to have any basis, and I'm not aware of Sig issuing a "gen II" P365.

I believe if you have x-ray sights with a new slide/firing pin, it's gen2. That seems to be the consensus I'm seeing.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:

I believe if you have x-ray sights with a new slide/firing pin, it's gen2. That seems to be the consensus I'm seeing.

I was of the opinion that Gen 2 has the X-Ray sights and the dimpled relief in the barrel hood. Gen 3 additionally has the new striker/firing pin design.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I think I want one of these...but 3 generations in 5 months?

WTF, Sig? And this striker drag is supposed to be normal thing?

From the outside looking in...I’m keeping my Kahr for a while.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the Gen a Sig thing, or a consumer noting differences thing? I have a Gen 4 Glock 19, but it's named that by Glock...

I will no doubt pick one up when when all the beta testing is over, thinking about Gen 10, lol!!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
SIG has been really good about having consumers beta test their new firearms while at the same time paying full price for the privilege. This needs to stop.

P320, MCX, MPX, P365.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
Is the Gen a Sig thing, or a consumer noting differences thing? I have a Gen 4 Glock 19, but it's named that by Glock...

I will no doubt pick one up when when all the beta testing is over, thinking about Gen 10, lol!!

It's a customers noticing rolling differences, not a generation thing.

The new firing pin design is well documented. The changes for the TRS are fairly well documented. Changes to the barrels to prevent preening is also documented.

However, these seem to be rolling changes and any individual gun may exhibit a mix of original vs changed.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I like it, but I'm waiting for Gen 7+.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stormin:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:

I was of the opinion that Gen 2 has the X-Ray sights and the dimpled relief in the barrel hood. Gen 3 additionally has the new striker/firing pin design.

That's my point. There are no "generations." There may or may not be some subtle changes, but there are no generations in the P365.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
SIG does generations but only calls them Generations under extreme duress. Ala 556R and MPX.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Is there a thread with pics of the changes and what you want for the fixed version? How can you tell when it was made?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Build date on the end flap of the box. There are all sorts of 365 threads with pics....have fun.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Personally I think I'll wait on buying one until the day SIG finally releases Gen GTG. Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
Shot a range rental. Love the size, feel, trigger etc.
But disappointed. Extractor failed to extract spent rounds. This happened every mag. Range guy lubed as it was fairly dirty. No change.

I wouldn't give fifty bucks for a gun I may have to use to defend my life with. Especially ALL the issues it's had. To say I'd trust a high point more is a sad thought.

Truly miss the old German sig quality and to hell and back dependability.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by throwingdown:
But disappointed. Extractor failed to extract spent rounds. This happened every mag. Range guy lubed as it was fairly dirty. No change.

I wouldn't give fifty bucks for a gun I may have to use to defend my life with. Especially ALL the issues it's had. To say I'd trust a high point more is a sad thought.

Might have just been built up crap in the extractor claw.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2401 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
quote:
Originally posted by throwingdown:

Might have just been built up crap in the extractor claw.

That was my thinking also, especially on a range gun. "Range guy lubed as it was fairly dirty. No change." Makes no sense to me to lube up a dirty gun.

If a HIGH POINT suits you more, go for it...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post