SIGforum
P365 Gen II upgrades

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9160080444

July 07, 2018, 01:35 PM
PosseLaw
P365 Gen II upgrades
Just acquired a new P365 Gen II Did a complete take-down and examination. Here what I found

Slide firing pin hole has been beveled and appears slightly larger in dia.

New Firing Pin The base has a more shallow slope down to the pin

Firing pin spring appears to have been shorten by several coils

X=Ray sights installed

Protrusion of the trigger spring into the mag well is gone

Trigger return spring feels to have less tension
compared to Gen I

Overall fit and finish is perfect From my prospective My Gen II is good to go No hickup after 500 Rnds. mixes bag of brass alum. and steel casings.
July 07, 2018, 01:40 PM
sns3guppy
I see a lot of people referring to generations of the P365. The references don't seem to have any basis, and I'm not aware of Sig issuing a "gen II" P365.

Some people are calling their P365 a "gen III or even later...

How is a "gen II" being defined?
July 07, 2018, 02:08 PM
gtmtnbiker98
My new 365 BOD 24 June still has a protruding TRS. FYI

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
July 07, 2018, 04:53 PM
BBMW

July 07, 2018, 05:29 PM
Lefty Sig
Just bought one built on 6-16 and it has the new firing pin but a little protrusion of the TRS.
July 08, 2018, 09:27 AM
Scurvy
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I see a lot of people referring to generations of the P365. The references don't seem to have any basis, and I'm not aware of Sig issuing a "gen II" P365.

I believe if you have x-ray sights with a new slide/firing pin, it's gen2. That seems to be the consensus I'm seeing.
July 08, 2018, 12:50 PM
stormin
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:

I believe if you have x-ray sights with a new slide/firing pin, it's gen2. That seems to be the consensus I'm seeing.

I was of the opinion that Gen 2 has the X-Ray sights and the dimpled relief in the barrel hood. Gen 3 additionally has the new striker/firing pin design.
July 08, 2018, 12:55 PM
chongosuerte
I think I want one of these...but 3 generations in 5 months?

WTF, Sig? And this striker drag is supposed to be normal thing?

From the outside looking in...I’m keeping my Kahr for a while.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones
July 08, 2018, 02:03 PM
JDG
Is the Gen a Sig thing, or a consumer noting differences thing? I have a Gen 4 Glock 19, but it's named that by Glock...

I will no doubt pick one up when when all the beta testing is over, thinking about Gen 10, lol!!
July 08, 2018, 02:09 PM
John3200
SIG has been really good about having consumers beta test their new firearms while at the same time paying full price for the privilege. This needs to stop.

P320, MCX, MPX, P365.
July 08, 2018, 06:21 PM
SIGWolf
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
Is the Gen a Sig thing, or a consumer noting differences thing? I have a Gen 4 Glock 19, but it's named that by Glock...

I will no doubt pick one up when when all the beta testing is over, thinking about Gen 10, lol!!

It's a customers noticing rolling differences, not a generation thing.

The new firing pin design is well documented. The changes for the TRS are fairly well documented. Changes to the barrels to prevent preening is also documented.

However, these seem to be rolling changes and any individual gun may exhibit a mix of original vs changed.
July 08, 2018, 06:26 PM
Cobra21
I like it, but I'm waiting for Gen 7+.

Risk the consequences of honesty...
July 08, 2018, 07:54 PM
sns3guppy
quote:
Originally posted by stormin:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:

I was of the opinion that Gen 2 has the X-Ray sights and the dimpled relief in the barrel hood. Gen 3 additionally has the new striker/firing pin design.

That's my point. There are no "generations." There may or may not be some subtle changes, but there are no generations in the P365.
July 08, 2018, 08:02 PM
RHINOWSO
SIG does generations but only calls them Generations under extreme duress. Ala 556R and MPX.
July 10, 2018, 06:19 PM
Oz_Shadow
Is there a thread with pics of the changes and what you want for the fixed version? How can you tell when it was made?
July 11, 2018, 11:58 AM
FN in MT
Build date on the end flap of the box. There are all sorts of 365 threads with pics....have fun.
July 11, 2018, 12:27 PM
soggy_spinout
Personally I think I'll wait on buying one until the day SIG finally releases Gen GTG. Razz
July 11, 2018, 03:21 PM
throwingdown
Shot a range rental. Love the size, feel, trigger etc.
But disappointed. Extractor failed to extract spent rounds. This happened every mag. Range guy lubed as it was fairly dirty. No change.

I wouldn't give fifty bucks for a gun I may have to use to defend my life with. Especially ALL the issues it's had. To say I'd trust a high point more is a sad thought.

Truly miss the old German sig quality and to hell and back dependability.
July 11, 2018, 04:10 PM
yanici
quote:
Originally posted by throwingdown:
But disappointed. Extractor failed to extract spent rounds. This happened every mag. Range guy lubed as it was fairly dirty. No change.

I wouldn't give fifty bucks for a gun I may have to use to defend my life with. Especially ALL the issues it's had. To say I'd trust a high point more is a sad thought.

Might have just been built up crap in the extractor claw.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]
July 11, 2018, 05:10 PM
az4783054
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
quote:
Originally posted by throwingdown:

Might have just been built up crap in the extractor claw.

That was my thinking also, especially on a range gun. "Range guy lubed as it was fairly dirty. No change." Makes no sense to me to lube up a dirty gun.

If a HIGH POINT suits you more, go for it...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.