Find
Notify
Tools

QRT Trigger Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted
I saw the QRT trigger mentioned in another thread. After going to the sig armorer site, it sounds pretty good. No creep, and short reset.

Talk me into/out of having this installed on my P239.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
QTR (Quick Trigger Reset) reduces reset and takeup.

If you want to elimate creep, then order the Carry Level Action or the Competition Level Action job.

The two jobs are separate, but many folks order them together.

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks for telling me about the two separate jobs Q.

Do you have any pistols with these mods? If so what's your opinion on them?

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Thanks for telling me about the two separate jobs Q.

Do you have any pistols with these mods? If so what's your opinion on them?

Yes sir. I posted in a couple of other threads about Burke's work. And, I have no hesitation saying that his work ranks with the best. I'm not going to name names, but his works bests the works of some of the well known names frequently thrown around gun boards (yes, I have guns worked by them, also). The following pics (worth a thousand words) compare my white LDC, that had the Carry Level Action + QTR, to my unmodified black LDC with the factory SRT. As you can see, the QTR reduces everything compared to the SRT.

About the actual trigger pull, it is smooth DA without stacking at 8 lbs. The SA is zero creep and breaks like glass (yes, like glass, for those who despise the phrase Razz ) at 3.25 lbs. I rank it right up there with the P210 triggers of mine.

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I had Robert do his Carry Action and install the QRT on a P224. It’s about as close to a 1911 trigger as I can imagine on a DA/SA SIG. Worth every penny.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Nice guns Q!

That's a ringing endorsement if I ever heard one. Wink

Thanks also jb, 1911 like trigger on DA/SA Sig eh, that sounds great too.

Now I just have save up my nickels and dimes, a carry action, and QRT are in my P239's future.

Picture of Sarge1998
posted Hide Post
Robert did the Carry Level Action work and installed the QTR to my original KF P228, what was my favorite CC is even better, the only SA equivalent in my inventory is my P210 Target. I actually enjoy shooting an entire magazine in DA with this now, made a believer out of me.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Posts: 440 | Location: Illinois | Registered: May 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I really like the Carry Level Action Job and QTR combo. I had it done on a P225-A1. For me, the most noticeable difference is with the DA trigger. It's not super light at around 8 lbs but it's really smooth and there's no take up. I hadn't shot the gun enough before sending it to Robert Burke to tell how much the SA trigger and reset had changed, but it's an exceptional shooting gun. I'm going to send in a P226 soon for a Competition Level Action Job soon and will also get the QTR.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll fire off yet another ringing endorsement of the Carry Level Trigger job & the QRT from Mr. Burke. I had a triple s/n'd WG 228 done and could not be happier. Not an issue to be had, Burke's just easy to deal with, doesn't push anything on the customer just for the $'s. Talked to me like a long-lost high school buddy. If you're on the fence about getting it done, don't be.

Posts: 66 | Location: Boca Raton FL | Registered: April 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I’ve had action work done by Sig factory and by Robert. The factory will not get another dime from me for action work. Robert is great. Like other posters have said he is a class act and the turn around is reasonable.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
I’ve had action work done by Sig factory and by Robert. The factory will not get another dime from me for action work. Robert is great. Like other posters have said he is a class act and the turn around is reasonable.

I completely agree with you.

Q

posted Hide Post
This looks good, any link to get ahold of who does this? Thanks

Posts: 106 | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigma6:

http://www.thesigarmorer.com/

Q

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I met with and dropped off 3 of my Sigs this morning with the man who came up with the QRT and who provides Robert with his parts, Gerry Ritacco. He patiently walked me through the mods he makes, both for the QRT and the High Torque trigger. Gerry pulled out his P6 (with a custom trigger and grips he fashioned) and the action was much better than my stock P225.
I should have the pistols back in 3 weeks and will let The Forum know how everything turns out!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigma6:

http://www.thesigarmorer.com/

Awesome! Thanks for the link. Checking it out!

Posts: 106 | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good to see Gerry is still working. Robert has done work on my Sigs as well. Both great smiths to work with.

Posts: 305 | Location: Chicagoland  | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Mr. Burke recently worked his magic on my M11-A1. Carry level action job, QTR and replaced the short reach trigger with a standard (fat) curve trigger.

The DA trigger pull weight was significantly reduced, from +12 lbs. to 8-1/2. SA is now 3-1/4 lbs. Even more importantly, at least to me, the DA trigger pull is as smooth as silk.

Turn around time was right at two weeks and communication was excellent. In addition to being a master at his craft, Mr. Burke is a fine gentleman to work with.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post