SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P225-a1 speculation purchase??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P225-a1 speculation purchase?? Login/Join 
posted
With the Sig P225-a1 being discontinued, what's the consensus on purchasing a new one on speculation that it may increase in value? I have an opportunity to get a BNIB locally at a decent price. I already have 2 of the P225-a1's but they may become a concealed carry gun if Virginia goes to a 10 round magazine limitation as they are proposing.....

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
speculation that it may increase in value?

I would never buy a firearm for the purpose of investment.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I look at it like this: If you want to buy something and there is a chance it may increase in value or become more scarce, then that is a positive factor in the decision to purchase.

I would never buy something I already had multiples of for the sole purpose of resale.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
You won't make any money. It's not really rare enough for a collector, there are enough out there.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you will find the value will go down as people realize the supply of magazines and parts will dry up. That is what happened with the wonderful P239. I own one of these because it was for sale at $499 and was in new in the box. It is a nice pistol. As previously stated firearms are a very poor investment.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Relatively low production of a quality gun or a gun of truly odd design guarantees an increase in price over time. The problem is that for the gain to be truely signifigent requires waiting 30-40 years. The odd design, weird guns appreciate quicker, but normal guns take much more time

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all that responded. Looks like I came back to my senses and will pass on this P225-a1.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m of a different opinion. I think this gun will become the beretta 92 type m of the sig metal guns. The gun will be supported for some time (spoke to sig muckty muck. Further other many parts are shared with the other sigs

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueinterceptor:
I’m of a different opinion. I think this gun will become the beretta 92 type m of the sig metal guns. The gun will be supported for some time (spoke to sig muckty muck. Further other many parts are shared with the other sigs

Other SIGs? The only SIG that it shares some parts with is the P239. And, what kind of parts support is the P239 really getting, despite it having been around much longer?

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Parts rarely fail. It’s a great gun & shooter. Nice ergos & easy to carry. If you find one that fits your budget, buy it .

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I threw caution to the wind and purchased another new P225-a1 today. The model is the Classic with the wooden grips. It is a late model manufactured in 2019 and model # 225A-9-BSS-CLW. I can't help myself; I just like the way that these pistols feel in the hand, shoot and carry. While chances are I may never shoot it, and just keep it in my safe, I'm really not looking for a retirement investment, but a triplet to keep my other 2 225-a1 company. Oh well, I'm weak with these 225-a1's, skinny blonds and a good steak.

posted Hide Post
How does the old saying go, one = none and 2=1 and three is a party. The P225 is a great firearm and does fit a niche market. I had an older on and loved it. Like others have said, there is really not too much that can go wrong with it, other than springs needing replacement every so often and I don't see that being an issue in the future. For less than $500.00, I might have got it as well.

Not that I mean to hijack the thread but if Va. does limit your options with a 10 round mag capacity the P365 is something you might take a look at.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post