SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Dark Elite Style Frame, No Rails?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Dark Elite Style Frame, No Rails? Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
A quick question for the cognoscenti out there with far more knowledge than I.

I am aware of the P226 Elite Dark, as most of us are, as it has the extended beavertail grip tang, forward cocking serrations on the slide and the 25-lpi checkering on the front of the frame and trigger guard. And that dreaded rail.

My question is, did Sig ever build a P226 with those accoutrements on it, but *without* a rail. Essentially a rail-less Elite?

Just curious. If they did, it'd darn near be a Holy Grail P226 for me....

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm unaware of the existence of such an animal.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The only frame that's close to it would be the Allround Gen 1. Beaver tail, no rail. But it's a stainless, not alloy frame.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The only alloy rail less beaver tail frame I can think of is the 220 Compact SAO.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
The only alloy rail less beaver tail frame I can think of is the 220 Compact SAO.

There was also a DA/SA version of the P220 compact with beaver tail.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but OP is looking for a P226. Wink

Q

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The only frame that's close to it would be the Allround Gen 1. Beaver tail, no rail. But it's a stainless, not alloy frame.

I was thinking that the Allround was just about the only P226 that fits the description also. There could be others.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The allround technically had the rail....it just hadn’t been milled yet Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
The allround technically had the rail....it just hadn’t been milled yet Big Grin

They did. It became the Enhanced Allround. Big Grin

Q

Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:

Was the milled-in adjustable rear sights standard on all of the Allround Gen 1 pistols? Second question, since I'm not very familiar with that pistol; were they all 9mm as well, or were there .40 and .357 versions made?

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
quote:

Was the milled-in adjustable rear sights standard on all of the Allround Gen 1 pistols? Second question, since I'm not very familiar with that pistol; were they all 9mm as well, or were there .40 and .357 versions made?

Yes to #1.
#2: 9mm and .40 only.

Q