SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    glock grip (poll)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

glock grip (poll) Login/Join 
posted
do you modify your glock grip?
either totally or partially ?

Question:
curious to see who does what , or not

thanks for your participation

Choices:
yes with skate tape
no, mine is naked
yes with permanent stipple
yes with a pull over temporary
I don't have a glock

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a Hogue grip on my Gen 4 G22, but run my Gen 5 17 with no grip addition of any kind (stock or otherwise).

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No grip changes, but I do have agency arms minimalist mag wells on the Gen 3 and Gen 4 glocks, where applicable. I use no backstrap on the gen 4, and don't do anything with the Gen 3.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have started to really like the Talon grips on my glocks. Most are still naked though.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem with Glock is the grip/grip angle, and how it is the firearm. Modifying the grip permanently modifies the firearm. AND, the grip/firearm is not exactly an inexpensive, easily replaced part, yet is made out of an inexpensive material... Unless Glock gen6 is more like the sig p320, with a reasonably priced grip replacement option - Glock is in for a downturn/drop in marketshare.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
I like my Glocks like I like my women, naked! Razz Big Grin

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Grip tape on my Gen 2 and Gen 3 Glocks. Naked Gen 4s and Gen 5s.

The newer texture is a huge improvement, and doesn't need any help.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
None of the above.
Currently Talon on my Gen 2 Glock 19 and my 43X.
In the past, I used a bike inner tube! Smile

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't own a Glock now, but had a 19 (3rd "generation") for 13 or 14 years, and never felt the need to mess with the grip.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grip texture wise I like G4 and 5. Other grip mod wise,where to start? Except my G19.5MOS I've been doing the single undercut and grip chopping my 19 to a 26 size.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nekkid, currently. But considering Talons.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I luvs my G19 5thGen grip just the way Gaston intended.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Yes and No for me, depends on the gun...

My Gen 4 Front Serrations Glock 19 - no, the smallest grip option works for me.

I found a used Gen 3 26 that has a grip reduction and stippling job that fits my hand perfectly, I really dislike the rear hump on the 26 pistols.

My Glock 42 has the Talon rubber grip tape on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't currently have a Glock, but I did have a Gen3 Glock 23 with granulated Talon Grips. Definite improvement for me.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All mine except the g26 are stippled.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
My Gen 3 G23 has a Grip Force Adapter on it, but my Gen 4 G19 and my G19X have the largest backstrap if memory serves me. Otherwise the grips are fine.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The “rubber” type Talons on my duty Glock. It is a Gen.4. I used to have the granulated ones but, they ate uniform shirts like crazy.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgmr05:
The problem with Glock is the grip/grip angle, and how it is the firearm. Modifying the grip permanently modifies the firearm. AND, the grip/firearm is not exactly an inexpensive, easily replaced part, yet is made out of an inexpensive material... Unless Glock gen6 is more like the sig p320, with a reasonably priced grip replacement option - Glock is in for a downturn/drop in marketshare.

Thank you for your analysis.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Originally posted by tgmr05:

Thank you for your analysis.

Ever notice how it's someone from 2004, 2005, 2006, with a low post (100-300) count who all of a sudden decided to chime in?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was only allowed to vote once, and being from Chicago... Well, you know...

I've used the rubber slip-ons, and I'm not a fan.

My (pretty much EDC) G-19 I had stippled, and the trigger guard reduced by Polymer Refined. I like the way it fits in my hand. It's aggressive stippling, and it sticks!

My Duty Guns (G-21 & G-30) have 3M No Skid tape on the grips. I've tried skateboard tape, and found the grit comes off too easy. The No Skid tape is pretty aggressive, and it sticks to the gun. Peels off fairly easy, and leaves little residue when it's time to change it.

I'm about due to replace mine. It's been at least 5 years, a whole roll costs about $10-$15 at Home Depot.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post