SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    glock grip (poll)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

glock grip (poll) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Have stippled from Cold Bore and others, but like Talons more -- and they're a lot simpler and cheaper! (Granulate for home, rubber for carry.)

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Talon rubber on G43 and G48. Granulate on G19.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
All my glocks get a Hogue sleeve, even the large frames.
The 42 is so small it has two. (beavertail & Jr)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54689 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guess I got carried away with this one...

Mine recieved a full stipple after a grip reduction using a magwell and brass back strap counterweight.
A flat faced trigger and double undercut trigger guard round out the ergonomics.
A brass mag release and stainless guide rod help to manage recoil to a small degree, so I guess my closest option would be:

• I don't have a Glock Big Grin

•  
    Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Talons on both of my Gen 3 G19s

Posts: 27 | Registered: July 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by drabfour:
    I like my Glocks like I like my women, naked! Razz Big Grin

...and night sights. Wink

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by SF1911:
    quote:
    Originally posted by drabfour:
    I like my Glocks like I like my women, naked! Razz Big Grin

...and night sights. Wink

If your women glow in the dark, I think you've got bigger problems to worry about.

Big Grin

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Each post crafted from
    rich Corinthian leather
    Picture of TheFrontRange
    posted Hide Post
    Box-stock Glock 26 (Gen4) for me.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    My hypocrisy goes only so far
    Picture of GrumpyBiker
    posted Hide Post
    I undercut every Glock frame that comes into my possession.
    I think the manufacturer should do this for all of them. Glocks have the ergonomics of a brick (IMO).
    So every little bit helps.

I also stipple the grips on many of my polymer carry pistols as I got tired of replacing grip tape.
    On compact models G19/22 & larger I like to add a “Combat/Carry” magwell .
    For me it adds to the overall feeling of a sure grip on the pistol.

YMMV

U.S.M.C.
    VFW-8054
    III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Where liberty dwells,
    there is my country
    Picture of Nick
    posted Hide Post
    No finger grooves and undercut the trigger guard to prevent Glock knuckle.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Grumpybiker, nice job on the texturing. I consider myself pretty handy but don't have that kind of skill level. I am not kidding about that. It takes skill to do it correctly and have the lines smooth and straight.

I also agree with your statement about adding mag wells to the larger guns. What a difference it makes to the overall grip you have on the gun. To me, it feels like the gun is locked in your hand with the mag well.

Posts: 6897 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    On gen 4 & 5 I cut the Medium backstrap in half ish, throw away the bottom part and glue the top half in place.

I like how it kinda makes the grip angle a little more up and down and I don't notice the hump as much. I've removed the finger bumps and re-stippled the front straps on a couple Gen 4's.

Posts: 12 | Registered: April 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by FAL'er:
    On gen 4 & 5 I cut the Medium backstrap in half ish, throw away the bottom part and glue the top half in place.

I like how it kinda makes the grip angle a little more up and down and I don't notice the hump as much. I've removed the finger bumps and re-stippled the front straps on a couple Gen 4's.

That is very interesting. The palm swell low on the back strap is one of the things I like least about the Glock grip. Do you have any photos of a Glock which has that back strap modification?

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of tha1000
    posted Hide Post
    gen 4 and 5 are sufficiently grippy enough for me... particularly if I am chalked up competing. Gen 3 and earlier need some help.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Thank you
    Very little
    Picture of HRK
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Which magwell do you use..

Stippling is nice looks like carpet LOL

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    CAPT Obvious
    Picture of Spiff_P239
    posted Hide Post
    I've never had an issue with traction on Gen 4 or Gen 5 Glocks but do find the 42, 43, 43X, and 48 to be a little slick and did put rubber Talon grips on my 43 before I sold it. I haven't made any mods to my 43X because the longer grip gives me more surface area to get a hold of.

Posts: 3521 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    My hypocrisy goes only so far
    Picture of GrumpyBiker
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by HRK:
    quote:

Which magwell do you use..

Stippling is nice looks like carpet LOL

Suarez Tactical

U.S.M.C.
    VFW-8054
    III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post