SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I wonder, which Law Enforcement Agencies that you know of, require manual thumb safeties?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wonder, which Law Enforcement Agencies that you know of, require manual thumb safeties? Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
I hear about them but t don't know which ones.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally know of none.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I think a lot of agencies have gone away from that. In the 1990's we had a lot of agencies including my own that had firearms thumb safeties. This was due to the fact that we all had level 1 holsters with only a thumb break. The thumb safety was an extra measure incase someone actually got your gun. With the introduction of the plastic fantastic Glock agencies are more focused on retention holsters. Tons of agencies here in NC use Glocks and S&W M&P's. Most of the agencies are now are utilizing at least level 2 or level 3 holsters. My agency uses a level 3 holster with a Glock 22.

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
None around here, that I know of.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Granville PD in Ohio issues Les Baer PII 1911s as the rank and file duty weapon, so I guess by default they require a manual safety...

Posts: 630 | Registered: September 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None, locally. Almost everyone is issuing Glock or a Sig TDA.

Posts: 139 | Location: Indiana | Registered: June 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am actually getting ready to qualify with a Beretta 92FS and 92FS compact. for my carry guns this year..I will be using a lvl 1 Aker model 118 holster. I am a detective so I will carry like I used to back in the 1990's with the safety on...Next year my duty guns will be a S&W 5906 and S&W 3913....I will again use a lvl 1 holster with the safety engaged on the pistols....

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post