SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Taking Law Enforcement P320’s For The Upgrade?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Taking Law Enforcement P320’s For The Upgrade? Login/Join 
Picture of indigoss
posted
Has anyone heard if Sig has started taking the LEO P320’s for the upgrade?

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Believe it’s been an ongoing process. We recently received our replacements and are swapping out during our current qualification. The old gun are going to Sig, no option for purchase.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:

Believe it’s been an ongoing process...

The dept I retired from (as a reserve) 1.5 years ago just issued replacements after about two years of carrying the originals (40 cal). IIRC, they had gotten replacements earlier, but those were defective in some way and were never issued.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called Sig back in Oct , for a L/E 320 , and never herd a thing. I called a few times and nothing .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
I just registered mine for the upgrade yesterday so I can’t complain. Then I started thinking, I have not heard of any LEO guns receiving the upgrade yet. It will be a sit and wait process as I’m sure Sig has their hands full.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
We recieved our upgraded versions a few months back (I posted about it then), and were able to purchase our previous non-upgraded pistols at a real reasonable price. I bought mine.

Posts: 592 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 320C L/E with pre tension barrel has been in the box since Oct , never herd a thing .

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john1:
We recieved our upgraded versions a few months back (I posted about it then), and were able to purchase our previous non-upgraded pistols at a real reasonable price. I bought mine.

They didnt get upgraded, just a whole new pistol issued?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

They didnt get upgraded, just a whole new pistol issued?
I'd venture that lots of departments wouldn't take modded guns for liability reasons. Especially with the mishmash of P320 slides.

I know I wouldn't if I was running a department.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
Afirm-no upgrades, they said to box up the original ones that deputies didn't buy after the new ones arrived. They were supposed to send a shipping label but it's been months and they're still sitting in my sergeant's office.

I wrote about the new ones not going all the way into battery after a press check back when we received them.

Posts: 592 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a new X Carry that seems to stop short going into battery , if you pull the trigger it moves forward . Now if I just take an fire it maybe like a break in will it work in ?????????? I had it for about 4 months but not fired much at all yet.

posted Hide Post
My 320 was purchased through their mil/le IOP whatever they call it program. I registered it as soon as they let me and it was fixed about a month after that. And they fixed an xchange kit I sent it as well.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
That is some uplifting news. I have heard great reviews on the guns that have been fixed. Fortunately the P320 is not a duty gun for me, but I am surprised to hear of departments being put on the back burner , so to speak, with getting the upgrades completed. For now I will just sit and wait. I appreciate all of the responses.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
My 320C L/E with pre tension barrel has been in the box since Oct , never herd a thing .

What is the pre tension barrel business about?

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 5 upgraded guns. Except for one they all came back fine. The last one did the whole not return to battery thing. It would stuck out of battery every single time you would rack the slide by hand or press check. They said it was normal. I balked and they ended up replacing the slide.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The out of battery thing is not normal, my new X Carry does it from time to time but I have not fired it much . and the Pre Tension thing is on a L/E package 320 com 9 , some dept ordered it and some did not , gun seems extra tight lock up .

posted Hide Post
No, I agree it isn’t normal. I was annoyed because their rep told me he had his 3 top guys look at my gun and they all agreed it was not only ok, but completely normal. It pissed me off. I told him he had a couple choices. Send it back as is and I would never shut up about how jacked Sig is, fix it, or sell me a new slide at cost. They decided to replace the slide on their own dime. I would credit Sig for doing the correct thing but they weren’t going to on their own.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We sent our APP / IOP P320's back to Sig before the commercial inventory.

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
I actually bought two of my IOP P320’s from Osage prior to the drop safety issue having been discovered. I guess there are intermittent return authorizations being issued for the LEO guns.

Picture of kayl
posted Hide Post
quote:

We've been waiting for our upgraded guns since just after the issue was announced. I sure hope we get the change to buy our current guns at a reasonable price too!

----------------------------------

LL - "punisher avatar is that I stop the bad guys."

Posts: 700 | Location: SE WI | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post