SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X-Short Supermatch - Update: It Arrived!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Short Supermatch - Update: It Arrived! Login/Join 
Picture of mcs1564
posted
I usually keep an eye on the X-Short listings on GB and typically will throw out a bid on the off chance it may stick.

Well, on Sunday it stuck and the best part about it was that it was a Supermatch. It's in .40 S&W and I decided to pony up for the 9mm conversion while I was at it.

Update: It came in a bit over a week ago and this is the first opportunity to take some quick pics. First impressions are that it's one hefty pistol and running 9mm in it should be quite mild.

Fit and finish are excellent and the trigger out of the box is sweet, although it has some interesting lateral play to it.

The only problem is the safety - it's doesn't work. Put it on and it still goes click.

Right now, I don't have the time to look into it, but, would appreciate any input as to the potential root cause of the issue.

In the meantime, here it is:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcs1564,

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking pistol

Congratulations on the new addition

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. You’ll love it! I’ve had the black&white x-short with super match grips I bought from Q for about 6 months and I finally took it out this past weekend and I kick myself I waited so long to shoot it because it’s a great shooter.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I wanted one of these a few years ago and the only one I could find was through a major European distributor network. I got distracted by a stainless 9mm P220, so the 'Short never happened.

Let us know when it arrives.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
Beautiful. You’ll love it! I’ve had the black&white x-short with super match grips I bought from Q for about 6 months and I finally took it out this past weekend and I kick myself I waited so long to shoot it because it’s a great shooter.

i recall you grabbing that pistol. Ever since that I have been perusing GB and other auction sites looking for a decent deal on one. Congrats to the both of you!

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow very nice! That’s a long time to wait but it’ll be worth it!

Posts: 563 | Location: Pensacola FL | Registered: February 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE!!!

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Mike. Did you get the X5 or X6 conversion kit?

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. This was the second auction over the past week where I didn't think the bid would hold and ended up pleasantly surprised. The other was a '51 Colt Commander in 9mm that was exported to Italy and has come back to the States with a .30 Luger barrel in its place. Haven't picked it up yet, but, I think it's going to make for a pretty nice build.

quote:
Originally posted by brianfede:
Ever since that I have been perusing GB and other auction sites looking for a decent deal on one. Congrats to the both of you!

Deals are definitely out there. I was able to get this for less than other losing bids I had on Non-Supermatch models.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Congratulations, Mike. Did you get the X5 or X6 conversion kit?

Thanks Q. Actually, I've been wanting a X-Short in 9mm for quite some time and decided to go for that now and the X6 down the road.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congratulations on a nice addition in pvd.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun. Unless that company has more than one to sell it’s still listed for sale on GB.

Posts: 3911 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. MMBI is a great company to deal with.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 124 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Beautiful gun. Unless that company has more than one to sell it’s still listed for sale on GB.

Thanks. If it's the one I currently see listed, that would be a Supermatch Skeleton.

quote:
Originally posted by Just Plain Cliff:
Congratulations. MMBI is a great company to deal with.

Thanks. Yeah, Margie is great to work with and so are the guys at B&H.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I've met her and talked to her in person several times now, as she has a table a couple times a year at the Nations Gun Show in NOVA. We got to talking SIG P75's and how Edelweiss is bringing them in.

I bought an LDC II Super Match last spring from MMBI.

Nice pistol! Is it dark grey or black? Hard to tell from pics but love those grips

Posts: 3084 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I've met her and talked to her in person several times now, as she has a table a couple times a year at the Nations Gun Show in NOVA. We got to talking SIG P75's and how Edelweiss is bringing them in.

I bought an LDC II Super Match last spring from MMBI.

Nice pistol! Is it dark grey or black? Hard to tell from pics but love those grips

Thanks Dan! It’s black, but, eventually will be two tone...the 9mm kit is natural stainless. It’ll be interesting to compare it to my Brig-Tac that’s currently being converted to SAO by Josh.

Funny that you mention P75s. The first time I spoke to Margie was about five years ago when I tracked some down in Canada. Unfortunately, the dealer did not have the paperwork required by the ATF to allow them to be imported.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Quick update after having a chance to take some pics.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcs1564,

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I had a 226 Elite SAO with the same problem of the safety not functioning. Mine required a trip back to Sig, told the frame could not be repaired and was replaced by a 226 Legion SAO.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
I had a 226 Elite SAO with the same problem of the safety not functioning. Mine required a trip back to Sig, told the frame could not be repaired and was replaced by a 226 Legion SAO.

With these X series pistols if there is a problem that it needs to get returned, do you send it to Sig in NH or back to MMBI or …?

Posts: 83 | Location: Montgomery county, PA | Registered: May 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
WOW!! Congrats!! Love the 2 tone version!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post