SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG Pistols and Rust...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Pistols and Rust... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
... the only one I've had trouble with is my original W. German P225... and always the mag release button and grip screws (on the left side only)...

Ditto my P6. This summer, for whatever reason, was worse than usual for me sweating, and the P6 mag release button rusted in place. I pull the mag and check the function once a week (part of Sunday OCD), and I felt no unusual resistance one weekend, and had to really fight it the next Sunday.

The lower left-side grip screw rusted, too.

I pulled the grips - something I'd never bother doing on a semi-auto before - and rust had formed only on the mag release button and the face of the grip screw.

Now I have something more to fiddle with periodically. I'm probably overdoing it, but it was kind of alarming to have the problem appear so suddenly.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post