SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    XS Big Dot sights new products
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XS Big Dot sights new products Login/Join 
posted
I know there is a love/hate relationship with these sights.

I've used them, and they worked well for me at close range but at distance I struggled. I'm currently using Trijicon standard and/or Meprolight sights.

Due to health issues and age my dominant eye is beginning to blur at front sight distance.

I recently revisited the XS web sight and was pleased to notice they are now offering more traditional sights at what seems to be fair prices to compete with the HD sights from Trijicon.

A combo of tritium and glow in the dark paint on their RAM (radioactive material sights).

I appreciate these sight companies offering more visible sights these days and thought I would share.

The Big Dot sights I used seemed to be of very good quality.

I'll post a review if and when I purchase some.

Another option in the golden age of firearms choice.

10 year no questions warranty also.....so that's nice.

Edit to add link: https://www.xssights.com/

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I've run XS Big Dots on a 1911 and found them great for combat shooting at traditional (If there is a traditional) combat handgun distances. Not so great at longer distances.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have used 3 sets of XS sights, but I always went with the Standard Dot size. I currently have a front Standard Dot Size sight on one of my Walther PPS's.

I find the smaller. dot is just As visible and better for distance shooting

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of the XS DXT2 with orange front for my P228 and didn't like them for distance shots.
They did work out very well on my P365 though and are perfect for that gun.

I was just about to order another set of Trijicons and after seeing the RAM sights I just ordered 2 sets with an orange front from Buds for $99 ea.
Looks like they are the same dimensions as Sig 8/8 sights.
.145" wide front post and a .170 wide rear notch. Should have a nice sight picture with those sizes.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
They also do a dot over dot design the call F8. https://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1360947
I have a set on my PPS that I really like, so I purchased a set for my P10C, but POI was 6" low at 15 yards so I returned them.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
I love the new orange front sight from XS.
For defensive pistols, i prefer the larger front sight with minimal rear sight... i normally prefer blacked out rear sight, so love the XS system.
Another benefit of the XS sight is that the rear sight has no sharp edges! Saves on clothing costs, as some other sights have super sharp edges.
Lastly, no sight pusher needed for the rear sight.
Both my carry Glocks have XS installed

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I have the 24/7 XS sights on my Walther PPS M2. I really like them.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Got the Ram sights in last night.
Front went in with no fitting and the rear only need a few swipes on a file to fit.
These are 8/8 sights and I installed them on my P220 as that's what it had.
Just need to hit the range and see if they are on target.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post